wxpython v.digit: how to copy features from background layer?

wxpython v.digit: how to copy features from background layer?

Eric Patton
I'm having trouble figuring out how to use the 'copy features from
(background) vector map' tool on the wxpython v.digit interface.

For example, see the attached image. I'm trying to copy the grey
polygons from a background map into the vector map currently
being edited. I can't seem to select either of the grey polygons with
any of my mouse buttons.

Any help most welcome,

--
Eric Patton

select_polygons.png (47K) Download Attachment

Re: wxpython v.digit: how to copy features from background layer?

Martin Landa
Hi,

2009/6/1 Eric Patton <[hidden email]>:
> I'm having trouble figuring out how to use the 'copy features from
> (background) vector map' tool on the wxpython v.digit interface.
>
> For example, see the attached image. I'm trying to copy the grey
> polygons from a background map into the vector map currently
> being edited. I can't seem to select either of the grey polygons with
> any of my mouse buttons.

did you mark vector map layer in contextual menu as "background map" ?
Right, it's not documented yet... In the best case every tool should
be explained in the special section in the manual pages.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa

Martin Landa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> did you mark vector map layer in contextual menu as "background map" ?
> Right, it's not documented yet... In the best case every tool should
> be explained in the special section in the manual pages.
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa

Ah, ok, I see. I'll update the docs soon.

Eric Patton