wxgrass ready for testing

12

wxgrass ready for testing

Michael Barton
wxgrass ready for testing The new wxPython GRASS interface  (AKA wxgrass) is pretty much equal in functionality to the standard TclTk interface, and so is ready for regular testing. All items from the TclTk menus are on the wxPython menus. There are a couple of caveats.

There is not yet a comprehensive georectifying module like there is for TclTk
The location setting wizard is not yet functional, meaning that you can't define projections using g.setproj.
You will still need TclTk for NVIZ, v.digit, and d.rast.edit.

There are also some enhancements over the TclTk interface, including:
a prototype attribute data manager (works for interactive mouse queries)
more sophisticated profile analysis module
full command line access to all GRASS commands; d.* commands called from the command line can display in the wxPython canvas.
easily positioned scalebar and legend
A more compact (and aesthetic) appearance

You can get wxgrass from the GRASS subversion repository at...
<https://grasssvn.itc.it/grasssvn/grassaddons/trunk/grassaddons/>
Download the entire GUI tarball and follow the easy installation instructions.

enjoy
Michael

PS: I'll be gone after tomorrow for a week.

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

Re: wxgrass ready for testing

Jarek Jasiewicz
Michael Barton napisał(a):

> The new wxPython GRASS interface  (AKA wxgrass) is pretty much equal
> in functionality to the standard TclTk interface, and so is ready for
> regular testing. All items from the TclTk menus are on the wxPython
> menus. There are a couple of caveats.
>
> There is not yet a comprehensive georectifying module like there is
> for TclTk
> The location setting wizard is not yet functional, meaning that you
> can't define projections using g.setproj.
> You will still need TclTk for NVIZ, v.digit, and d.rast.edit.
>
> There are also some enhancements over the TclTk interface, including:
> a prototype attribute data manager (works for interactive mouse queries)
> more sophisticated profile analysis module
> full command line access to all GRASS commands; d.* commands called
> from the command line can display in the wxPython canvas.
> easily positioned scalebar and legend
> A more compact (and aesthetic) appearance
>
> You can get wxgrass from the GRASS subversion repository at...
> <https://grasssvn.itc.it/grasssvn/grassaddons/trunk/grassaddons/>
> Download the entire GUI tarball and follow the easy installation
> instructions.
>
> enjoy
> Michael
>
> PS: I'll be gone after tomorrow for a week.

> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> phone: 480-965-6213
> fax: 480-965-7671
> <http://www.public.asu.edu/%7Ecmbarton>

Hi

I use wxgrass actualised every day from.
What you want: informations about most actual svn or mentioned tarbal only

Jarek

Re: [GRASS-dev] wxgrass ready for testing

Moritz Lennert
On 15/06/07 11:49, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Pity wxPython is not yet in debian, which makes testing more complicated
> for me.

For me the ubuntu versions worked without a problem:

http://wxpython.wxcommunity.com/apt/ubuntu/

(For my testing/unstable box, I use:

deb http://wxpython.wxcommunity.com/apt/ubuntu/dapper /

in my /etc/apt/sources.list

Moritz

Re: wxgrass ready for testing

William Kyngesburye
> The new wxPython GRASS interface  (AKA wxgrass) is pretty much equal in
> functionality to the standard TclTk interface, and so is ready for regular
> testing. All items from the TclTk menus are on the wxPython menus. There
> are
> a couple of caveats.

Have you decided on a format for addon menu files?  I didn't see with a
quick look that it loads any menu files yet.  I would like to get an
automated menu builder into the OSX startup so I can have GUI access to
addons in the standard OSX addon dirs.

I won't be able to get to that for a few days, though - MacBook is in the
shop - so I can wait until you get back from your
break/vacation/trip/whatever.

Re: wxgrass ready for testing

Jachym Cepicky
Hi Michael,

great work! I posted some blogposts about wxGRASS at my blog [1],[2] and
I do continue to write about it more.

I would also mention new attribute table manager (also not yet fully
functional) :-)

Have a nice holiday

Jachym

[1] http://www.les-ejk.cz/english/wxgrass-new-grass-gui-1
[2] http://www.les-ejk.cz/english/wxgrass-new-grass-gui-2

Michael Barton píše v Pá 15. 06. 2007 v 01:07 -0700:

> The new wxPython GRASS interface  (AKA wxgrass) is pretty much equal
> in functionality to the standard TclTk interface, and so is ready for
> regular testing. All items from the TclTk menus are on the wxPython
> menus. There are a couple of caveats.
>
> There is not yet a comprehensive georectifying module like there is
> for TclTk
> The location setting wizard is not yet functional, meaning that you
> can't define projections using g.setproj.
> You will still need TclTk for NVIZ, v.digit, and d.rast.edit.
>
> There are also some enhancements over the TclTk interface, including:
> a prototype attribute data manager (works for interactive mouse
> queries)
> more sophisticated profile analysis module
> full command line access to all GRASS commands; d.* commands called
> from the command line can display in the wxPython canvas.
> easily positioned scalebar and legend
> A more compact (and aesthetic) appearance
>
> You can get wxgrass from the GRASS subversion repository at...
> <https://grasssvn.itc.it/grasssvn/grassaddons/trunk/grassaddons/>
> Download the entire GUI tarball and follow the easy installation
> instructions.
>
> enjoy
> Michael
>
> PS: I'll be gone after tomorrow for a week.

> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> phone: 480-965-6213
> fax: 480-965-7671

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: [hidden email]
GPG: http://www.les-ejk.cz/pgp/jachym_cepicky-gpg.pub

On 15/06/07 10:07, Michael Barton wrote:
> The new wxPython GRASS interface  (AKA wxgrass) is pretty much equal in
> functionality to the standard TclTk interface, and so is ready for
> regular testing.

Great job guys !!

> There are also some enhancements over the TclTk interface, including:
> a prototype attribute data manager (works for interactive mouse queries)

Do I understand correctly that "management" does not include editing ?

> more sophisticated profile analysis module

Clicking on the profile tool entry in the menu I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/mapdisp.py", line 1737, in
Profile
     style=wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE)
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 80, in __init__
     toolbar = self.__createToolBar()
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 195, in
__createToolBar
     self.AddToolbarButton(toolbar, *each)
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 204, in
AddToolbarButton
     tool = toolbar.AddLabelTool(id=wx.ID_ANY, label=label, bitmap=icon,
shortHelp=help)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
line 3715, in AddLabelTool
     shortHelp, longHelp, clientData)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
line 3637, in DoAddTool
     return _controls_.ToolBarBase_DoAddTool(*args, **kwargs)
ValueError: invalid null reference in method 'ToolBarBase_DoAddTool',
expected argument 4 of type 'wxBitmap const &'

> full command line access to all GRASS commands; d.* commands called from
> the command line can display in the wxPython canvas.

How do I erase a layer which was displayed via a d.* command ?

> easily positioned scalebar and legend

Works great now !
Any way to change the size of a legend ?

A few more issues I came upon:

- d.vect.thematic:
        - the defaults indicated in the gui, do not seem to be included
automatically in the resulting command string. There are things like
'type=<required>' in the command line in the status bar. I have to
explicitely select each of the items to make the <required> elements go
away?
        - I get a gui error windows stating: "Execution failed:
'd.vect.thematic map=fields@PERMANENT column=cat --q'" and a message
"You must open a display monitor" in the terminal.

- d.vect.chart: I get a message "Type <themechart> of layer
<bugsites@PERMANENT> is not supported yet", but it actually works
perfectly !

That's all for today.

Moritz

Re: wxgrass ready for testing

Michael Barton
No decisions on that yet. Just getting the basics up and running. I'm gone
for a week.

Cheers
Michael

On 6/15/07 8:17 AM, "Jachym Cepicky" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> great work! I posted some blogposts about wxGRASS at my blog [1],[2] and
> I do continue to write about it more.
>
> I would also mention new attribute table manager (also not yet fully
> functional) :-)

I did (see below "attribute data manager"). It's very nice and quite
promising.

On 6/15/07 8:23 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15/06/07 10:07, Michael Barton wrote:
>> The new wxPython GRASS interface  (AKA wxgrass) is pretty much equal in
>> functionality to the standard TclTk interface, and so is ready for
>> regular testing.
>
> Great job guys !!

Thanks. And thanks for the testing. This is what we need. I'll be away for a
week or so and won't be able to work on anything. A few comments below
anyway.

>> There are also some enhancements over the TclTk interface, including:
>> a prototype attribute data manager (works for interactive mouse queries)
>
> Do I understand correctly that "management" does not include editing ?

That's some of the not finished part.

>> more sophisticated profile analysis module
>
> Clicking on the profile tool entry in the menu I get:

Mine works OK, so we need someone to trouble shoot with a system like yours.
Just checking, do you have numpy installed?

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/mapdisp.py", line 1737, in
> Profile
>      style=wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE)
>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 80, in __init__
>      toolbar = self.__createToolBar()
>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 195, in
> __createToolBar
>      self.AddToolbarButton(toolbar, *each)
>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 204, in
> AddToolbarButton
>      tool = toolbar.AddLabelTool(id=wx.ID_ANY, label=label, bitmap=icon,
> shortHelp=help)
>    File
> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
> line 3715, in AddLabelTool
>      shortHelp, longHelp, clientData)
>    File
> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
> line 3637, in DoAddTool
>      return _controls_.ToolBarBase_DoAddTool(*args, **kwargs)
> ValueError: invalid null reference in method 'ToolBarBase_DoAddTool',
> expected argument 4 of type 'wxBitmap const &'
>

>> full command line access to all GRASS commands; d.* commands called from
>> the command line can display in the wxPython canvas.
>
> How do I erase a layer which was displayed via a d.* command ?

d.erase with a color argument. e.g., d.erase white.

>> easily positioned scalebar and legend
>
> Works great now !
> Any way to change the size of a legend ?

Legend properties. Set in % of screen area like before.

> A few more issues I came upon:
>
> - d.vect.thematic:
> - the defaults indicated in the gui, do not seem to be included
> automatically in the resulting command string. There are things like
> 'type=<required>' in the command line in the status bar. I have to
> explicitely select each of the items to make the <required> elements go
> away?

I don't know. Some kind of problem with the command parser. Hopefully Daniel
Cavelo can take a look at it.

> - I get a gui error windows stating: "Execution failed:
> 'd.vect.thematic map=fields@PERMANENT column=cat --q'" and a message
> "You must open a display monitor" in the terminal.

Pick the checkbox that says for display in GUI.

> - d.vect.chart: I get a message "Type <themechart> of layer
> <bugsites@PERMANENT> is not supported yet", but it actually works
> perfectly !

Same thing happens for d.grid. A minor bug in the rendering system.

Cheers
Michael

> That's all for today.
>
> Moritz

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

Re: [GRASS-dev] Re: wxgrass ready for testing

Jachym Cepicky
You need wxWidgets 2.8.x

jachym

On Fri, June 15, 2007 18:04, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> Strange... on Debian/Unstable I get this:
>
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/etc/wx/wxgui.py", line 34, in ?
>     import wx.aui
> ImportError: No module named aui
>

> I wonder if my wxWindows it too old?
>
> libwxbase2.6-0
> libwxbase2.6-dev
> libwxgtk2.4-1
> libwxgtk2.6-0
> libwxgtk2.6-dev
> python-wxgtk2.4
> python-wxgtk2.6
> python-wxtools
> python-wxversion
> wx2.6-headers
>

> any tips on which packages I might be missing on Debian/unstable? It
> seems that I have a 'wx' module available in python 2.4, but not
> 'wx.aui' .

Try adding

deb http://wxpython.wxcommunity.com/apt/ubuntu/dapper /

to your sources.list and install

libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxbase2.8-0 python-wxgtk2.8

Moritz

Michael Barton wrote:
> The new wxPython GRASS interface  (AKA wxgrass) is pretty much equal
> in functionality to the standard TclTk interface, and so is ready for
> regular testing. All items from the TclTk menus are on the wxPython
> menus. There are a couple of caveats.
My machine: AMD 3800 with 1 GB, ubuntu Feisty.

Hi here are my first suggestions after couple of tests

first some simple bugs I found for now:
- map calculator: starts r3.mapcalculator insted on r.mapcalculator
- list maps (from manage mas and volumes generate errors)
- lack of run quietly and allow overwrite in most dialogs (probably all)
- r.watershed: lack of threshold and stream lenght parameters, generaly
r.watershed cannot be run
- r. lake raster map (DEM cannot be choosen), lack of map in drop-down list

Next some more general:
- What about multichooise in drop-down list?? (for example in g.remove)
in tcltk more than one map can be choosen by ctrl + click. How to do it
in wx gui??
- what about command name in main menu? when mouse move over main menu
in status bar appears adational information about module insted of
command  (like is in tcltk). It was better solution because most help
system and viki's are based on modules name (r.thin instead of thin
linear fetures) so finding proper dialogs by browsing menu seems imposible
- well, what about "hard-working" command, like for example r.fill.lake?
This command became all wx gui unavailable,  till r.fill lake finish
work (mabe it is only bug with that dialog??).
- r.mapcalculator (can be run from gui prompt) dividing it into two tabs
make this module less funcional, because it require switching between
tabs if you forgot what is A or B map

thats all I found for now

greetings
Jarek

Re: [GRASS-dev] Re: wxgrass ready for testing

Michael Barton
You need version 2.8. (2.8.4 is the most current).

Michael

On 6/15/07 9:04 AM, "Dylan Beaudette" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Strange... on Debian/Unstable I get this:
>
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/etc/wx/wxgui.py", line 34, in ?
>     import wx.aui
> ImportError: No module named aui
>

> I wonder if my wxWindows it too old?
>
> libwxbase2.6-0
> libwxbase2.6-dev
> libwxgtk2.4-1
> libwxgtk2.6-0
> libwxgtk2.6-dev
> python-wxgtk2.4
> python-wxgtk2.6
> python-wxtools
> python-wxversion
> wx2.6-headers
>

> any tips on which packages I might be missing on Debian/unstable? It
> seems that I have a 'wx' module available in python 2.4, but not
> 'wx.aui' .
>
> cheers,
>
> dylan
>

> On 6/15/07, Michael Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On 6/15/07 8:17 AM, "Jachym Cepicky" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Michael,
>>>
>>> great work! I posted some blogposts about wxGRASS at my blog [1],[2] and
>>> I do continue to write about it more.
>>>
>>> I would also mention new attribute table manager (also not yet fully
>>> functional) :-)
>>
>> I did (see below "attribute data manager"). It's very nice and quite
>> promising.
>>

>>> Have a nice holiday
>>>
>>> Jachym
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.les-ejk.cz/english/wxgrass-new-grass-gui-1
>>> [2] http://www.les-ejk.cz/english/wxgrass-new-grass-gui-2

>> Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
>> School of Human Evolution & Social Change
>> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
>> Arizona State University
>>
>> phone: 480-965-6213
>> fax: 480-965-7671
>> www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

Re: [GRASS-dev] wxgrass ready for testing

Michael Barton
Because this is somewhat complicated to do, there are probably some hidden
gotchas in there somewhere (command arguments with spaces will probably fail
currently, for example; we're trying to fix this). But it should work for
90%+ of what people will do.

Michael

On 15/06/07 17:54, Michael Barton wrote:

> On 6/15/07 8:23 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 15/06/07 10:07, Michael Barton wrote:
>>> more sophisticated profile analysis module
>> Clicking on the profile tool entry in the menu I get:
>
> Mine works OK, so we need someone to trouble shoot with a system like yours.
> Just checking, do you have numpy installed?

numpy, numeric and numarray are all installed.

Any other debianites getting this error ?

Moritz

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/mapdisp.py", line 1737, in
>> Profile
>>      style=wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE)
>>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 80, in __init__
>>      toolbar = self.__createToolBar()
>>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 195, in
>> __createToolBar
>>      self.AddToolbarButton(toolbar, *each)
>>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 204, in
>> AddToolbarButton
>>      tool = toolbar.AddLabelTool(id=wx.ID_ANY, label=label, bitmap=icon,
>> shortHelp=help)
>>    File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
>> line 3715, in AddLabelTool
>>      shortHelp, longHelp, clientData)
>>    File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
>> line 3637, in DoAddTool
>>      return _controls_.ToolBarBase_DoAddTool(*args, **kwargs)
>> ValueError: invalid null reference in method 'ToolBarBase_DoAddTool',
>> expected argument 4 of type 'wxBitmap const &'

Re: [GRASS-dev] wxgrass ready for testing

Michael Barton
Moritz,

Try getting rid of the separator in line 218 of profile.py and see what
happens.

AFAICT, all other values in position 4 ARE bitmaps.

Michael

On 6/15/07 2:46 PM, "Moritz Lennert" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15/06/07 17:54, Michael Barton wrote:

>>> Clicking on the profile tool entry in the menu I get:
>>
>> Mine works OK, so we need someone to trouble shoot with a system like yours.
>> Just checking, do you have numpy installed?
>

> numpy, numeric and numarray are all installed.
>
> Any other debianites getting this error ?
>
> Moritz
>

>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/mapdisp.py", line 1737, in
>>> Profile
>>>      style=wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE)
>>>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 80, in __init__
>>>      toolbar = self.__createToolBar()
>>>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 195, in
>>> __createToolBar
>>>      self.AddToolbarButton(toolbar, *each)
>>>    File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 204, in
>>> AddToolbarButton
>>>      tool = toolbar.AddLabelTool(id=wx.ID_ANY, label=label, bitmap=icon,
>>> shortHelp=help)
>>>    File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
>>> line 3715, in AddLabelTool
>>>      shortHelp, longHelp, clientData)
>>>    File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
>>> line 3637, in DoAddTool
>>>      return _controls_.ToolBarBase_DoAddTool(*args, **kwargs)
>>> ValueError: invalid null reference in method 'ToolBarBase_DoAddTool',
>>> expected argument 4 of type 'wxBitmap const &'

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

Re: Re: [GRASS-dev] wxgrass ready for testing

Otto Dassau
Hi Moritz,

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:46:55 +0200
Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15/06/07 17:54, Michael Barton wrote:

> >> Clicking on the profile tool entry in the menu I get:
> >
> > Mine works OK, so we need someone to trouble shoot with a system like yours.
> > Just checking, do you have numpy installed?
>

> numpy, numeric and numarray are all installed.

python-numpy, python-numarray and gnumeric is installed

> Any other debianites getting this error ?

this happens when I start wxgrass on debian testing

GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > wxgrass
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/wxgui.py", line 924, in ?
    app = GMApp(0)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line
7757, in __init__    self._BootstrapApp()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line
7354, in _BootstrapApp    return _core_.PyApp__BootstrapApp(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/wxgui.py", line 906, in OnInit
    mainframe = GMFrame(parent=None, id=wx.ID_ANY, title="")
  File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/wxgui.py", line 188, in __init__
    self.NewDisplay()
  File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/wxgui.py", line 588, in NewDisplay
    auimgr=self._auimgr)
  File "/daten/software/grassaddons/gui/gui_modules/wxgui_utils.py", line 135,
in __init__    Map=self.Map, auimgr=self.auimgr)
  File "/daten/software/grassaddons/gui/gui_modules/mapdisp.py", line 1240, in
__init__    self.AddToolbar(toolb)
  File "/daten/software/grassaddons/gui/gui_modules/mapdisp.py", line 1324, in
AddToolbar    self.maptoolbar = toolbars.MapToolbar(self, self.Map)
  File "/daten/software/grassaddons/gui/gui_modules/toolbars.py", line 77, in
__init__    self.InitToolbar(self.mapdisplay)
  File "/daten/software/grassaddons/gui/gui_modules/toolbars.py", line 41, in
InitToolbar    self.CreateTool(parent, self.toolbar, *tool)
  File "/daten/software/grassaddons/gui/gui_modules/toolbars.py", line 57, in
CreateTool    shortHelp, longHelp)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
line 3715, in AddLabelTool    shortHelp, longHelp, clientData)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
line 3637, in DoAddTool    return _controls_.ToolBarBase_DoAddTool(*args,
**kwargs) ValueError: invalid null reference in method 'ToolBarBase_DoAddTool',
expected argument 4 of type 'wxBitmap const &'

regards,
 Otto

On 16/06/07 04:28, Michael Barton wrote:
> Moritz,
>
> Try getting rid of the separator in line 218 of profile.py and see what
> happens.

That wasn't it. It was the fact that I hadn't updated my GRASS
installation, only the wxgrass gui, and thus I didn't have the
profileopts icon...

So, always update your GRASS installation (or at least etc/gui/icons)
when updating your wxgrass GUI... ;-)

Otto, could this be the reason of your problems ?

Moritz

> AFAICT, all other values in position 4 ARE bitmaps.
>
> Michael
>

> On 6/15/07 2:46 PM, "Moritz Lennert" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Mine works OK, so we need someone to trouble shoot with a system like yours.
>>> Just checking, do you have numpy installed?
>>
>> numpy, numeric and numarray are all installed.
>>
>> Any other debianites getting this error ?
>>
>> Moritz

> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> phone: 480-965-6213
> fax: 480-965-7671

Re: [GRASS-dev] wxgrass ready for testing

Moritz Lennert
On 15/06/07 17:54, Michael Barton wrote:

> On 6/15/07 8:23 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> full command line access to all GRASS commands; d.* commands called from
>>> the command line can display in the wxPython canvas.
>> How do I erase a layer which was displayed via a d.* command ?
>
> d.erase with a color argument. e.g., d.erase white.

This works, but it also erases all the layers which were entered via the
gui. I.e. in spearfish:

- add a vector layer via gui
- display
- type d.vect streams in command line + enter: both vector maps are
displayed
- type d.erase white in command line: both vector maps disappear

I know this is asking for a lot, but would it be possible to distinguish
between the two types of layers (gui and command line) and only erase
the latter when typing d.erase ? Or even better: automatically add a
layer in the gui when you add it via the command line. This would also
allow moving layers up and down the stack independently of how they were
added.

Then again, I don't know how often one would used such a mixed system of
displaying things...

>>> easily positioned scalebar and legend
>> Works great now !
>> Any way to change the size of a legend ?
>
> Legend properties. Set in % of screen area like before.

Works great, thanks.

However, I have the mysterious situation that dragging and
double-clicking scalebar or legend sometimes works and sometimes doesn't
  (it never worked for me before, then it worked when I tried last time,
now it doesn't again...). Still trying to figure this one out.

>> - I get a gui error windows stating: "Execution failed:
>> 'd.vect.thematic map=fields@PERMANENT column=cat --q'" and a message
>> "You must open a display monitor" in the terminal.
>
> Pick the checkbox that says for display in GUI.

It's the one in the 'Options' tab saying 'Output legend for GIS Manager
(for scripting use only). Couldn't this be set by default ?

Moritz

Re: [GRASS-dev] wxgrass ready for testing

Otto Dassau
Hi Moritz,

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:21:48 +0200
Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 16/06/07 04:28, Michael Barton wrote:
> > Moritz,
> >
> > Try getting rid of the separator in line 218 of profile.py and see what
> > happens.
>
> That wasn't it. It was the fact that I hadn't updated my GRASS
> installation, only the wxgrass gui, and thus I didn't have the
> profileopts icon...
>
> So, always update your GRASS installation (or at least etc/gui/icons)
> when updating your wxgrass GUI... ;-)
>
> Otto, could this be the reason of your problems ?

yes, with new grass cvs it works...

 thanks
   Otto