wmsgetfeature fails when published to external web server

wmsgetfeature fails when published to external web server

Ismail, Mark

Hi

I have an openlayers site pulling data from geoserver – all was fine until I published it externally

The maps display  fine but the wmsgetfeatureinfo requests are failing in Internet explorer with access denied – it works in firefox and chrome albeit with warning about geoserver requests being http and the server being https

You can see the site live here – https://summert.knowsley.gov.uk

I think it may be a cors related issue but am not certain.

One of our network people suggested enabling geoserver to use https but I am not sure how to enable ssl

So 2 things I would like advice on – is ssl causing the failure >?

And if so how is it turned on in geoserver?

Mark Ismail

Principal IT Officer

Tel: 0151 443 3021

Knowsley Council  ê  Westmorland Road  ê Huyton ê L36 9GL

Save time – use the IT Service Desk Self Serve Application

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. It may contain privileged information and is intended for the named recipient(s) only. It must not be distributed without consent. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part of it and do not take any action based on it.

Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the individual sender, and not of Knowsley MBC. Legally binding obligations can only be created for, or be entered into on behalf of, Knowsley MBC by duly authorised officers or representatives.

Knowsley MBC excludes any liability whatsoever for any offence caused, any direct or consequential loss arising from the use, or reliance on, this e-mail or its contents. We believe but do not warrant that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You must therefore take full responsibility for virus checking and no responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. Knowsley MBC reserves the right to monitor and/or record all e-mail communications through its network in accordance with relevant legislation.

Re: wmsgetfeature fails when published to external web server

rdell

I have not been able to recreate the problem. Is it when you turn the layers on? Is it with a particular version if IE?

Nice looking map.

Re: wmsgetfeature fails when published to external web server

Ismail, Mark

It breaks in IE10 / 11  when you do a map click

I haven’t tried older versions yet

Mark Ismail

Principal IT Officer

Tel: 0151 443 3021

Knowsley Council  ê  Westmorland Road  ê Huyton ê L36 9GL

Save time – use the IT Service Desk Self Serve Application

I have not been able to recreate the problem. Is it when you turn the layers on? Is it with a particular version if IE?

Nice looking map.

Re: wmsgetfeature fails when published to external web server

Stefano Iacovella
Mark,

the app, just for showing the first map, is producing over 500 requests, almost all WMS tiles.
I understand this is not related to the GetFeatureinfo issue but is a bit hard for your users having to wait for all that layers while not needed for current visualization.

By the way I didn't find a tool for the info

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Hi

I have an openlayers site pulling data from geoserver – all was fine until I published it externally

The maps display  fine but the wmsgetfeatureinfo requests are failing in Internet explorer with access denied – it works in firefox and chrome albeit with warning about geoserver requests being http and the server being https

You can see the site live here – https://summert.knowsley.gov.uk

I think it may be a cors related issue but am not certain.

One of our network people suggested enabling geoserver to use https but I am not sure how to enable ssl

So 2 things I would like advice on – is ssl causing the failure >?

And if so how is it turned on in geoserver?

Mark Ismail

Principal IT Officer

Tel: <a href="tel:0151%20443%203021" value="+3901514433021" target="_blank">0151 443 3021

[...]

Click anywhere in the map and a popup will appear with the result of the wms request in it

With regards all the requests – I am not sure why it grabs so much data at once  - I guess I need to optimise it more

[...]

Tel: <a href="tel:0151%20443%203021" target="_blank">0151 443 3021

[...]

Ian Turton
You probably have a cross origin request issue - the assumption is that your javascript and geoserver are using the same port/host otherwise you will need a proxy.

Ian

On 19 June 2014 13:18, Ismail, Mark <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

I have an openlayers site pulling data from geoserver – all was fine until I published it externally

The maps display  fine but the wmsgetfeatureinfo requests are failing in Internet explorer with access denied – it works in firefox and chrome albeit with warning about geoserver requests being http and the server being https

You can see the site live here – https://summert.knowsley.gov.uk

I think it may be a cors related issue but am not certain.

One of our network people suggested enabling geoserver to use https but I am not sure how to enable ssl

So 2 things I would like advice on – is ssl causing the failure >?

And if so how is it turned on in geoserver?

Mark Ismail

Principal IT Officer

Tel: <a href="tel:0151%20443%203021" value="+441514433021" target="_blank">0151 443 3021

[...]

From Firefox it dose not work.
Maybe because you are mixing http and https?

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: wmsgetfeature fails when published to external web server

chris.snider@issinc.com

Going directly to the link below returns a fairly large JSON result.

I also see that the original page location is at https://summert.knowsley.gov.uk

The geoserver call is setup as

InfoForPopup = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({

url: 'http://geotest.knowsley.gov.uk:8080/geoserver/Geostore/wms',

Since this is not the same as the base page, you have 2 issues going on.

1.       Mixed content for ssl/non-ssl

a.       This is annoying mostly, but since the main page is ssl enabled, It shouldn’t block the non-ssl calls.  Only complain to the user about it

b.      This can be fixed by applying a certificate to the geotest.knowsley.gov.uk server and changing the InfoForPopup url to https and your secure port, presumable 443

2.       Cross Broswer Javascript

a.       This is the one that is blocking your access

b.      This can be solved by adding a proxy server to the summert.knowsley.gov.uk server to handle the non-image requests.

Chris Snider

Senior Software Engineer

Intelligent Software Solutions, Inc.