wms support in 0.8preview2

"Weßling, Achim"
Hallo,

I installed 0.8preview2 on my ubuntu edgy. If I try loading a
wms-resource I get the following error on the console:

Warning: Failed to load ../providers/libproviders.so

Can someone help me? This lib isn't installed on my system and it seams
to be not part of the installation-packages.

Achim

Re: wms support in 0.8preview2

Niccolo Rigacci-3
> I installed 0.8preview2 on my ubuntu edgy. If I try loading a
> wms-resource I get the following error on the console:
>
> Warning: Failed to load ../providers/libproviders.so

I had the same problem when I compiled and installed qgis without
the wms support. Can be a problem at compile time or install
time.

Check where your qgis installs its libraries, mine is
/usr/lib/qgis/, here I have:

copyrightlabelplugin.a
copyrightlabelplugin.la
copyrightlabelplugin.so
delimitedtextplugin.a
delimitedtextplugin.la
delimitedtextplugin.so
delimitedtextprovider.a
postgresprovider.a
postgresprovider.la
postgresprovider.so
spitplugin.a
spitplugin.la
spitplugin.so
wfsplugin.a
wfsplugin.la
wfsplugin.so
wmsprovider.a
wmsprovider.la
wmsprovider.so

You need wmsprovider.so, the error message is misleadning.
I think that only *.so are required to run qgis, the others are
for develop work.

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy

Iraq, missione di pace: 47083 morti - www.iraqbodycount.net

Re: wms support in 0.8preview2

"Weßling, Achim"
In the deb-packages for edgy which I've downloaded from qgis.org the
wmsprovider.so is missing!
Is there any possibility to get this lib without compiling by myself?

Achim

Am Donnerstag, den 16.11.2006, 12:30 +0100 schrieb Niccolo Rigacci:

> > I installed 0.8preview2 on my ubuntu edgy. If I try loading a
> > wms-resource I get the following error on the console:
> >
> > Warning: Failed to load ../providers/libproviders.so
>

> I had the same problem when I compiled and installed qgis without
> the wms support. Can be a problem at compile time or install
> time.
>
> Check where your qgis installs its libraries, mine is
> /usr/lib/qgis/, here I have:
>
> copyrightlabelplugin.a
> copyrightlabelplugin.la
> copyrightlabelplugin.so
> delimitedtextplugin.a
> delimitedtextplugin.la
> delimitedtextplugin.so
> delimitedtextprovider.a
> postgresprovider.a
> postgresprovider.la
> postgresprovider.so
> spitplugin.a
> spitplugin.la
> spitplugin.so
> wfsplugin.a
> wfsplugin.la
> wfsplugin.so
> wmsprovider.a
> wmsprovider.la
> wmsprovider.so
>
> You need wmsprovider.so, the error message is misleadning.
> I think that only *.so are required to run qgis, the others are
> for develop work.

Re: wms support in 0.8preview2

Steve Halasz-3
On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 13:35 +0100, Achim Weßling wrote:
> In the deb-packages for edgy which I've downloaded from qgis.org the
> wmsprovider.so is missing!
> Is there any possibility to get this lib without compiling by myself?

I'm working on this. I hope to upload a .deb with wms included to the
debian-gis repo[1] within the next couple of days. I'll update the
debian control files in qgis svn as well.

Steve

[1]
http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/DebianGisRepository