wms requests

claire tondriaux
thanks for your answer. I have a new problem: I have downloaded the
1.3.0-RC1 version, and I can't read the files I receive after a WMS request
(for example the getcapabilities request gives a file whose type is
unknown).
Is there something special to do to be able to open these files?
Thanks again

Re: wms requests

Chris Holmes-2
You can actually open them with anything, I'm pretty sure, browsers just
aren't configured to read the mime type for default.  What I do is when it
first asks I just have it open with my browser by default.  You could also
go into the prefs and have it recognize the funky ogc_wms_type whatever
thing and take the appropriate action.  Can also use a word processor
program, or an xml program - anythin gthat reads texts, as that's all it
is, it just pretends it may be something different.

I'm not sure why the ogc went with their own mime type for it, maybe
hoping that browsers would start to automatically recognize it when wms's
are everywhere.  Luckily they didn't do the same for WFS.

Chris