winGRASS 6.4.0RC2 available in OSGeo4W installer

winGRASS 6.4.0RC2 available in OSGeo4W installer

Markus Neteler
The new winGRASS 6.4.0RC2 is now available! It has been
packaged into the OSGeo4W installer which also provides
QGIS, Mapserver, GDAL and other goodies.

OSGeo4W has two modes - express and advanced.

"Express" gives you a short list of suggested packages to select
from which have been widely tested.
"Advanced" gives a long detailed list of packages and
subpackages including development versions and so forth.
For the moment GRASS is available in the "advanced" install.
After a period of testing it may be moved to the "express" section.

OSGeo4W Installer download:
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/osgeo4w-setup.exe

Please download it and test. The wizard will guide you
through the installation process.

Find GRASS in
Advanced -> ... -> Select Packages
   All -> Desktop -> grass (just click to select) -> Next

Feedback is appreciated in two "channels":

- OSGeo4W installer related issues:
    * Bugs/wishes: http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/report

- GRASS related issues:
    * Bugs/wishes: http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/report

BTW: The OSGeo4W team is seeking a new GRASS package
maintainer, we hope to find a candidate soon - please speak up.

Enjoy,
Markus

Re: winGRASS 6.4.0RC2 available in OSGeo4W installer

Markus Neteler
Correction:
The correct download link is

  OSGeo4W Installer download: