will r.in.gdal use GDALRasterAttributeTable elements?

will r.in.gdal use GDALRasterAttributeTable elements?

Neil Best
I have a data set in IMG format that has a GDALRasterAttributeTable element which contains class name metadata that would be perfect for category names, but I don't see a way to take advantage of it right away. First of all there are problems with the file's georeferencing such that its extents are invalid for geographic coordinates, so I had to gdal_translate it to a VRT, which caused the GDALRasterAttributeTable to disappear from gdalinfo's output. Before I work on finding some other work-around any more than I already have (to no avail) I would like to know if r.in.gdal can even take advantage of this extra metadata in any meaningful way, namely to populate the category labels. Thanks.