why does the object repeat

coldalmaty
Hello!  I try use GeoServer. I have shape-file with city bounds. Add it at
new layer. SRS is EPSG:4326 (WGS 84).  BBox is: calculate from SRS
(-180,-90,180,90). After publish and view it in OpenLayrs Viewer I see more
than one polygon. Why?

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: why does the object repeat

Olyster
Hi,

how many records in your shapefile ? Which type of geometry ?

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: why does the object repeat

geowolf
city bounds cannot cover (-180,-90,180,90) in WGS84, that is the entire planet (unless we are talking
about the bounds of all the cities in the world, and even in that case, there are no cities over the poles...).
I believe the "object repeating" effect you're seeing is the "map wrapping" that repeats objects
across the dateline so that one can see the world in a continuous way no matter where one look at it.

You can just go and disable map wrapping in the WMS settings, but, that won't change the
fact the coordinates you're playing with are invalid... try to setup a real coordinate system for your data instead

Cheers
Andrea