why does geonetwork is reindexing when restarting the apps

why does geonetwork is reindexing when restarting the apps

Stephane.Laurencelle.externe
Hello,

We have a problem with geonetwork 2.10.3 on linux everytime we are restarting the server (physical or tomcat instance with geonetwork on it)
Geonetwork start indexing everything and this could take more then 5 days.

This behavior appear one month ago before that it was taking only 4 to 5 hours.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

Stephane

Re: why does geonetwork is reindexing when restarting the apps

Jose Garcia
Hi Stephane

I don't know why is taking so long, but usually when restarting the index
should not be completely recreated, just the entries that can have any
mismatch between the index and the database, so should be pretty fast, not
even hours.

Do you know if when you restart GeoNetwork the index folder is removed?

Have you done any change in your environment related to database, tomcat,
java, etc recently?

In any case, it's difficult to say without checking the log file.

Regards,
Jose García

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 9:24 PM, <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a problem with geonetwork 2.10.3 on linux everytime we are
> restarting the server (physical or tomcat instance with geonetwork on it)
> Geonetwork start indexing everything and this could take more then 5 days.
>
> This behavior appear one month ago before that it was taking only 4 to 5
> hours.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephane
> projects/geonetwork

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: why does geonetwork is reindexing when restarting the apps

Florent gravin-2
Hi,

What was your previous version of GN ?
How many metadatas do you have ?
Are they bounded to categories ?

--
*camptocamp*
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS

*Florent Gravin*
0479444492

Re: why does geonetwork is reindexing when restarting the apps

Stephane.Laurencelle.externe
Hello Florent,

This is the first version we implement here of GN

We have more then 1 million metadata

I will have to chechk if they are bound to category with the developer here, unleast you can give me a trick to find out if this is the case ?

Regards,
Stephane

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 8:00 AM, Jose Garcia <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Hi Stephane

I don't know why is taking so long, but usually when restarting the index
should not be completely recreated, just the entries that can have any
mismatch between the index and the database, so should be pretty fast, not
even hours.

Do you know if when you restart GeoNetwork the index folder is removed?

Have you done any change in your environment related to database, tomcat,
java, etc recently?

In any case, it's difficult to say without checking the log file.

Regards,
Jose García

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 9:24 PM, <
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a problem with geonetwork 2.10.3 on linux everytime we are
> restarting the server (physical or tomcat instance with geonetwork on it)
> Geonetwork start indexing everything and this could take more then 5 days.
>
> This behavior appear one month ago before that it was taking only 4 to 5
> hours.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephane
> projects/geonetwork

(0)318 416664 <+31318416664<tel:%2B31318416664>> <https://www.facebook.com/geocatbv>
<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Florent Gravin
0479444492

Re: why does geonetwork is reindexing when restarting the apps

Florent gravin-2

> I will have to chechk if they are bound to category with the developer
> here, unleast you can give me a trick to find out if this is the case ?

Hmm maybe check if you have a facet "categorie" in the search page ?
Or look into the metadatacateg table in your DB

--
*camptocamp*
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS

*Florent Gravin*