who use which viewer API version?

zspitzer
just interested, who uses which viewer

php, .net or jsp

Personally, I use coldfusion with the java API, I rarely use the
provided viewers,
baking a lot of stuff out with custom openlayers...

seeing jackie's comments about adding support for RFC 71 with jsp, which
personally i detest with a extreme passion, it left me wondering about whether
we need to maintain the JSP client?

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

Re: who use which viewer API version?

Mauricio G Villablanca
We use Apache+PHP+Basic_Layouts. AFAIK, only PHP has the GeometryFactory class implemented, something we couldn't do without. Also most of the samples out there and the web api docs are provided for PHP so it's a no-brainer.

Not to mention that Apache is a lot more stable than IIS.

Re: who use which viewer API version?

Jackie Ng
Basic Layouts (.net/PHP) for me. The "out of the box"-ness is great for what we need.

Though I find PHP to be quite a horrid language, it has a nice "zero configuration" aspect to it.

.net is my preferred environment, but it can be unstable sometimes without some tweaks to the IIS settings.

But JSP? Ugh! I can't believe how doing the simple things (like reading XML) could be so verbose!

But despite my disdain for JSP, Java has a major active presence in the web/server space so I think it is necessary to maintain it, lest we send the wrong message about Java support.

- Jackie

RE: who use which viewer API version?

Ivan Miličević-3
Basic layout (just mapFrame) implemented into EXTjs framework.

Server logic is based on C#.

Fusion still has lot's of bugs.

Re: who use which viewer API version?

Gary Morin
Hi

We also use the basic layout with .net, but we only use the map and legend
panes, everything else is programmed.

Regards

Gary

Re: who use which viewer API version?

Ivan Miličević-3

So, here is mine app based od basic layout and C# as i mentoined. Everything is custom maded, every grid has right click and so on..

Re: who use which viewer API version?

Gary Morin

Hi

As you have shown me yours, here’s ours, like you we use the basic layout and c#, it seems there is a lot of us using this combination.

It has had a lot of developing and incorporates multi tiered security, project and documents management, advance search and selection. It’s designed to work with any MapGuide Maps, just create a new project by selecting a MapGuide Map and then you can do advance searches, attached documents to any layer or feature, there’s lots more.

Best regards

Gary

Keynetix Ltd
Member of the Key Systems Group

Tel. +44 (0) 1527 68888
Fax: +44 (0) 1527 62880
Dir. +44 (0) 1604 891152
Mobile: 07801 371438
Web Site: http://www.keynetix.com

KeySpatial Team GIS,

Unite your Buisness Information

www.keynetix.com/KeySpatial

So, here is mine app based od basic layout and C# as i mentoined. Everything is custom maded, every grid has right click and so on..

RE: who use which viewer API version?

ChrisGo
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: who use which viewer API version?

Gary Morin

HI Chris

We used the basis layout and add our own divs over the top. We do a lot of interaction between the map and our task pane, highlighting and selecting data.

At some stage I want to look at openlayers or flexible as a means of accessing Google and Bing maps, I’m sure our customers would love that but all our development is .net

Regards

Gary

Keynetix Ltd
Member of the Key Systems Group

Tel. +44 (0) 1527 68888
Fax: +44 (0) 1527 62880
Dir. +44 (0) 1604 891152
Mobile: 07801 371438
Web Site: http://www.keynetix.com

KeySpatial Team GIS,

Unite your Business Information

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: who use which viewer API version?

Ivan Miličević-3
Hello,

Legend is hidden. Yes, if you remove it there's a problem.

What technology? Grids are filled with jSON (pure AJAX request). Everything is based on lastets EXTjs core (raw EXT, no Geo EXT at all).

Yes, I'm using HTML frame inside panel :)

Re: who use which viewer API version?

sathishpsk9
Hi Gary ,
 I like the look you developed... it seems you have give whole lot things over there...
But i have doubt ( i am just new biee)  i think map displaying part is done using viewerr api.... are you giving any provision to dynamically  Create and load a map ?

Thanks ,
satish

Re: who use which viewer API version?

Gary Morin
Hi

The map creation still have to be done by Studio or Maestro, then from
within our solution you select the map, enter extra project related
information, set up user access and roles to it and that's it. You can
then attach documents, search etc.

Regards

Gary

Keynetix Ltd
Member of the Key Systems Group

Tel. +44 (0) 1527 68888
Fax: +44 (0) 1527 62880
Dir. +44 (0) 1604 891152
Mobile: 07801 371438
Web Site: http://www.keynetix.com

KeySpatial - Team GIS,
Unite your Business Information
www.keynetix.com/KeySpatial

IMPORTANT: Please address all support & sales correspondence to either
[hidden email] or [hidden email] Addressing support questions
to individuals may delay the response

Re: who use which viewer API version?

Mauricio G Villablanca
ExtJS is great, isn't it?

We use it as an integral part of a GIS solution. Our web app queries data with or without the viewer and maps features on demand, exports them to Excel, PDF or Google Earth.

Image 2 shows spatial data queried directly from database, filtered or customized. Image 1 shows the mapping of those features. Images 3 shows queries in the viewer.

Query database

Map features on demand

Map features with viewer

Re: who use which viewer API version?

Ivan Miličević-3
Your app look's great!

Ext resolves lot's of problem, adds a whole new dimension to the web development.

How did you solve export to PDF?

We use it as an integral part of a GIS solution. Our web app queries data
with or without the viewer and maps features on demand, exports them to
Excel, PDF or Google Earth.

Image 1 shows spatial data queried directly from database, filtered or
customized. Image 2 shows the mapping of those features. Images 3 shows
queries in the viewer.

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4808098/gis1.jpg

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4808098/gis2.jpg

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4808098/gis3.jpg

Re: who use which viewer API version?

psciga
We use php+apache+basic layout.

Regards - Peter
----------------------------
http://www.battefeld.com

Re: who use which viewer API version?

Kori Maleski

We are using PHP on IIS7 with a modified Fusion Layout.  Basic look and feel.  Needs more work in the beautification department.

Widgets use standard Fusion functionality as well as custom OpenLayers functionality.

Google Maps Integrated along with Streetview complete with draggable marker.
Print support for most ANSI sizes.

MapGuideCustomInterface.png
MapGuideCustomInterface2.png

Cheers,