what reference for i.segment ?

ychemin
Hi all,
I am making a poster and would like to give a reference to i.segment module.

Is there anything written I can use for it?

Thank you,
Yann

--
Yann Chemin
Researcher@IWMI

Re: what reference for i.segment ?

NikosAlexandris
On Tuesday 12 of March 2013 16:38:17 Yann Chemin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am making a poster and would like to give a reference to i.segment module.
>
> Is there anything written I can use for it?

I am also interested in a "correct" reference. Informing someone about it, I
wrote to him the following:

i.segment.gsoc

- <https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass7/imagery/i.segment.gsoc/>
- manual: <https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-
addons/grass7/imagery/i.segment.gsoc/i.segment.gsoc.html>

and i.segment (the "former" i.segment.xl):

- <https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/imagery/i.segment/>
- manual:
<https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/imagery/i.segment/i.segment.html>

Is that right?
Thanks, Nikos

Re: what reference for i.segment ?

Markus Neteler
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 of March 2013 16:38:17 Yann Chemin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I am making a poster and would like to give a reference to i.segment module.
>>
>> Is there anything written I can use for it?
>

> I am also interested in a "correct" reference. Informing someone about it, I
> wrote to him the following:

I would certainly include the author(s) and year to make it a complete citation.
And mention GRASS GIS as well.

Maybe something like this ?

Momsen, E., Metz, M. 2012: i.segment. Addon for Geographic Resources
Analysis Support System (GRASS GIS) Software, Version 7.
http://grass.osgeo.org

I agree with Moritz that we should have a "suggested citation" section in each
manual page.

Markus

Re: what reference for i.segment ?

ychemin
So far that coming to mind, modifying previous email:

Momsen, E., Metz, M., 2012. i.segment module. Geographic Resources

On 12 March 2013 22:09, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Nikos Alexandris
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 12 of March 2013 16:38:17 Yann Chemin wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I am making a poster and would like to give a reference to i.segment module.
>>>
>>> Is there anything written I can use for it?
>>

>> I am also interested in a "correct" reference. Informing someone about it, I
>> wrote to him the following:
>
> I would certainly include the author(s) and year to make it a complete citation.
> And mention GRASS GIS as well.
>
> Maybe something like this ?
>
> Momsen, E., Metz, M. 2012: i.segment. Addon for Geographic Resources
> Analysis Support System (GRASS GIS) Software, Version 7.
> http://grass.osgeo.org
>
> I agree with Moritz that we should have a "suggested citation" section in each
> manual page.
>
> Markus

Yann Chemin
Researcher@IWMI
Skype/FB: yann.chemin

Re: what reference for i.segment ?

Anna Petrášová
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Nikos Alexandris
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 12 of March 2013 16:38:17 Yann Chemin wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I am making a poster and would like to give a reference to i.segment module.
>>>
>>> Is there anything written I can use for it?
>>

>> I am also interested in a "correct" reference. Informing someone about it, I
>> wrote to him the following:
>
> I would certainly include the author(s) and year to make it a complete citation.
> And mention GRASS GIS as well.
>
> Maybe something like this ?
>
> Momsen, E., Metz, M. 2012: i.segment. Addon for Geographic Resources
> Analysis Support System (GRASS GIS) Software, Version 7.
> http://grass.osgeo.org
>
> I agree with Moritz that we should have a "suggested citation" section in each
> manual page.

just reminding that there is already a wiki page for this [1].
Probably there should be some universal citation which can be used for
any module. It would be nice to have the citation generated
automatically in the manual page, but the authors are not listed in a
standardized way.

Anna

[1] http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Citation_Repository

> Markus

Re: what reference for i.segment ?

Markus Neteler
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM, Anna Kratochvílová
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It would be nice to have the citation generated
> automatically in the manual page, but the authors are not listed in a
> standardized way.

Some new (so, for GRASS 7)
module->authors
module->year
module->title

comes to mind... then

i.segment --citation

could be added, too. It might be also useful in terms of WPS etc. when
advertising methods.

Markus

Re: what reference for i.segment ?

Martin Landa
Hi,

2013/3/12 Markus Neteler <[hidden email]>:
> Some new (so, for GRASS 7)
> module->authors
> module->year
> module->title

good idea, could be data structure

struct citation {
char * authors;
char *year;
char *title;
}

module->citation.authors;

Some extra work needed. Martin

Re: what reference for i.segment ?

wenzeslaus
The problem is that after introducing

  i.segment --citation

The next request will be

i.segment --plain-text-citation
i.segment --bibtex-citation
i.segment --add-your-favorite-format-citation

So, we should think about this now, to avoid problems.

One solution can be to provide only bibtex ;-)

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Vaclav Petras <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The problem is that after introducing
>
>   i.segment --citation

which could be

> ... bibtex ;-)

From there:
http://www.scripps.edu/~cdputnam/software/bibutils/bibutils2.html

ciao
Markus

Re: what reference for i.segment ?

NikosAlexandris
..

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Some new (so, for GRASS 7)
> module->authors
> module->year
> module->title
>
> comes to mind... then
>
> i.segment --citation
..

or something more generic, like:

g.cite (or g.citation) --bibtex
modules=i.landsat.toar,i.atcorr,i.landsat.acca,i.topo.corr,i.histo.match
out=grassgis_modules.bib

:-)

Nikos

Re: what reference for i.segment ?

ychemin
+1

On 14 March 2013 20:07, Nikos Alexandris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anna Kratochvílová wrote:
> ..
>> > It would be nice to have the citation generated
>> > automatically in the manual page, but the authors are not listed in a
>> > standardized way.
>
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> Some new (so, for GRASS 7)
>> module->authors
>> module->year
>> module->title
>>
>> comes to mind... then
>>
>> i.segment --citation
> ..
>
> or something more generic, like:
>
> g.cite (or g.citation) --bibtex
> modules=i.landsat.toar,i.atcorr,i.landsat.acca,i.topo.corr,i.histo.match
> out=grassgis_modules.bib
>
> :-)
>
> Nikos

Yann Chemin