what is the best way to migrate directory-items from one catalogue to other?

what is the best way to migrate directory-items from one catalogue to other?

Paul van Genuchten
I have a catalogue from which i want to export a batch of directory items and import in another catalogue, any suggestions?
- the directory page does not offer a bulk export mechanism
- a harvest of subtemplates seems also dysfunctional (not sure if that’s a bad thing), if i add custom-criteria resulttype=subtemplates, it ignores it and just harvests the full catalogue
- build a script to call the api to upload snippets
- create a database insert script

In my case i had a text file with 60 directory items, each on a single line

I used this bash script to create individual files for each line

And then drag-dropped them in the import metadata upload field

i=0; while read LINE; do i=$((i+1)); ECHO "$LINE" > "$i.xml"  ; done < conformance-snippets.xml