Quantcast

weave release

David Percy
I'm happy to announce that a new open source interactive data
visualization tool for the web is available. It's called Weave, and is
currently in beta. It requires a java servlet engine on the server, and
flash in the client.

I am using it to serve up data for the Portland region, as I've been
lucky enough to participate in the pre-beta testing. What's really cool
is the interactivity between the graphs, data tables, legend and map.
It's all linked up. Plus time animations for map data!

Other "regional indicator" projects are also using it, and we anticipate
a big rollout in the Fall.
Since it's beta, don't expect a lot of support yet...
Cheers,
Percy

--
David Percy
Geospatial Data Manager

Re: weave release

Sam Vekemans
Great! Can you pass a link to it?
Happy to test it out and provide tickets/bug reports.
Thanks,
Sam

On 6/16/11, percy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm happy to announce that a new open source interactive data
> visualization tool for the web is available. It's called Weave, and is
> currently in beta. It requires a java servlet engine on the server, and
> flash in the client.
>
> I am using it to serve up data for the Portland region, as I've been
> lucky enough to participate in the pre-beta testing. What's really cool
> is the interactivity between the graphs, data tables, legend and map.
> It's all linked up. Plus time animations for map data!
>
> Other "regional indicator" projects are also using it, and we anticipate
> a big rollout in the Fall.
> Since it's beta, don't expect a lot of support yet...
> Cheers,
> Percy
>
> --
> David Percy
> Geospatial Data Manager
> Geology Department&
> Institute for Metropolitan Studies
> Portland State University
> http://gisgeek.pdx.edu
> 503-725-3373

---
Across Canada Trails - Beyond 2017 - The National Trails Network
Victoria, BC Canada

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
Skype: 'Sam Vekemans'

Member, CommonMap Inc.  http://commonmap.org/
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #CommonMap
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

Re: weave release [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman-2
Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] weave release [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Hi Percy,

Fyi there is already a spatial intelligence framework on the market called Weave [1]. We’ve been using it with great effect recently.

I’ll be interested in looking at your product as well.

Bruce Bannerman

[1] http://www.cohga.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=26

On 17/06/11 4:17 AM, "percy" <percyd@...> wrote:

[...]

oops, here's the link!