v.transform

a907tape
Can I use lat long coordinates as input for v.transform? I am trying to transform a lat long vector map to UTM. It does not seem to work. GRASS refuses the latlongs.

Re: v.transform

Michael Shapiro-3
No, sorry. Lat-lon grass has a way to go before it is really complete.
v.transform using a linear transformation - it isn't really even appropriate
for projection conversions.

|Can I use lat long coordinates as input for v.transform? I am trying to transform a lat long vector map to UTM. It does not seem to work. GRASS refuses the latlongs.

Michael