v.in.arc

jrk6f
I am having trouble using the v.in.arc command. The error message
"cannot find ARC-INFO lines file" is displayed.  I have tried
putting the lines and points files from the ARC 'ungenerate'
command in several different directories.  Is there a specific
file naming convention for these files different than adding a
.lin and a .pts after the filename?

Jim Klein 804-924-6438

v.in.arc

Lars Schylberg-2

> I am having trouble using the v.in.arc command. The error message
> "cannot find ARC-INFO lines file" is displayed.  I have tried
> putting the lines and points files from the ARC 'ungenerate'
> command in several different directories.  Is there a specific
> file naming convention for these files different than adding a
> .lin and a .pts after the filename?

Yes, this is a well known problem that I spend some time to find out
how it works.  The ungenerate files should be placed in a subdirectory
called arc under current $LOCATION.  (eg.  /data/SPEARFISH/larss/arc   )

I have reported this before that this is missing in the manual page when
the program was in alpha testing.

Hope this helps, besides this the program works fine, if you do the
correct things in arc/info also.

Lars Schylberg                 Email: [hidden email]    (Internet)
Department of Photogrammetry          [hidden email]  (Bitnet)
Royal Institute of Technology  Tel.   +46 8 790 86 33     (office)
S-100 44  STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN    Fax.   +46 8 790 66 10

RE: v.in.arc

GHATCHER
Date sent:  14-JAN-1992 08:53:15
>I am having trouble using the v.in.arc command. The error message
>"cannot find ARC-INFO lines file" is displayed.  I have tried
>putting the lines and points files from the ARC 'ungenerate'
>command in several different directories.  Is there a specific
>file naming convention for these files different than adding a
>.lin and a .pts after the filename?
>
>Jim Klein 804-924-6438

Use the v.out.arc command and see where it creates the file,
I believe its in $MAPSET/arc . Try putting your "ungenerated"
files there.

Good luck;
Gerry Hatcher

Ocean Mapping Development Center|      [hidden email] {Internet}
University of Rhode Island      |
(401)-792-6940                  |              cbeam::gerry {span}