utils/check_all_upgrades.sh

Sandro Santilli-4
I've committed a utils/check_all_upgrades.sh script that would
run "make check" with --extension and --upgrade-path for each
available upgrade to a given target version.

My local tests see most upgrade checks failing due to a WARNING
about postgis_backend being redefined, anyway it's a start.

I guess we should also be using perl instead of shell, if you feel
like porting it.

If we get to fix the upgrade checks, we could add upgrade paths
via the Dronie build-test docker to add another important aspect
of testing. Want to help ?

--strk;

  ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html

Re: utils/check_all_upgrades.sh

Sandro Santilli-4
I've enabled automated upgrades testing in Dronie (see .drone.yml)
The automated testing revealed a bug in aggregate upgrades which
was pending since 2.2.0 times [1]. I've fixed it in 2.3 and trunk
branches, but note that upgrading from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 won't fix
the existing databases, as our upgrade logic only applies between
minor (not micro) releases.

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3656

If you want to help with testing more upgrade paths, it would
be a matter of installing more postgis versions in the build-test
docker [2]. Want to help there ?

[2] https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/postgis/postgis-docker

--strk;