using plugins in windows

Volkan Kepoglu

Hi,

I want to use Dr. Horst Duester's geoprocessing plugin in Windows Xp.

What should I do?

I installed qgis_setup0.9.2rc1_05_02_2008.exe in Win XP with default paths,
downloaded plugin from http://pyqgis.spatialserver.net/,
unpacked it and copied to following path,

but plugin manager could not see any copied plugin in Win.

I tried all paths, but not working.

C:\Documents and Settings\volkan.kepoglu\.qgis
C:\Documents and Settings\volkan.kepoglu\.qgis\python\plugins

C:\Program Files\Quantum GIS
C:\Program Files\Quantum GIS\plugins
C:\Program Files\Quantum GIS\python\plugins
C:\Program Files\Quantum GIS\share\qgis\python\plugins

Which path should I put the plugin under? OR

In Linux, all paths are working both for installed from binary
and source code of qgis.

In Windows, is it required to build Qgis from source code OR

is it required to package the plugin with qgis? I mean,

Should I build Windows Binary On Linux

like cross compilation with MinGW?

Regards,
Volkan Kepoglu

Re: using plugins in windows

Düster Horst
Volkan

To install a plugin from plugin repositoty you should use the QGIS plugin installer. But I believe that the geoprocessing plugin does not work correct with the mentioned QGIS version. You should use QGIS Rev. 8171 or higher.

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
GIS-Koordinator, Stv. Amtschef

Kanton Solothurn
Bau- und Justizdepartement
Amt für Geoinformation
SO!GIS Koordination
Rötistrasse 4
CH-4501 Solothurn

Telefon ++41(0)32 627 25 32
Telefax ++41(0)32 627 22 14

mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.agi.so.ch

Re: using plugins in windows

Volkan Kepoglu
Dear Horst,

Stated QGIS version is the latest EXE file downloaded from official download site: http:\\download.qgis.org
QGIS plugin installer does not come with this binary installation. I mean, there is no plugin installer in that QGIS version.

So I thought that, I may be build from source code in windows, shouldn't I? in order to run the plugin that is written by the community. the plugin written by the QGIS developers come by default, but what about other? how can we load them in win?

My question is this: if the user installed QGIS from latest exe file in windows, how can he add the plugin when QGIS plugin installer does not exists by default?

thanks for your plugin.

Regards,
Volkan Kepoglu

On 3/13/08, Düster Horst <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I do have installed a Win qgis-0.9.2RC1_16.02.2008.exe. Unfortunately I can't say from where I got this release. It isn't published at the QGIS download area. This release contains the plugin installer. But without the installer you can publish plugins for your QGIS by copying the plugin directory into your <installation root>\python\plugins directory.

p.e. c:\Program Files\Quantum GIS\python\plugins\geoprocessing

I hope this helps

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
GIS-Koordinator, Stv. Amtschef

Kanton Solothurn
Bau- und Justizdepartement
Amt für Geoinformation
SO!GIS Koordination
Rötistrasse 4
CH-4501 Solothurn

Telefon ++41(0)32 627 25 32
Telefax ++41(0)32 627 22 14

mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.agi.so.ch

Re: using plugins in windows

Volkan Kepoglu
Dr. Horst,

Putting the plugin under this directory is not working and neither of them as I listed in the previous e-mail is also not working. I just could not get it why you can not say, but it may be a bug or something or I do not know.

I hope in the near future, Tishdam may also publish this version of installer in the official site.

Thanks alot.

[...]

Otto Dassau
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:25:41 +0200
"volkan kepoglu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dr. Horst,
>
> Putting the plugin under this directory is not working and neither of them
> as I listed in the previous e-mail is also not working. I just could not get
> it why you can not say, but it may be a bug or something or I do not know.
>
> I hope in the near future, Tishdam may also publish this version of
> installer in the official site.

Tishams "inofficial" test packages are available here:
http://whatnick.dyndns.org:8080/tisham/

 Otto

> Thanks alot.
>
> Volkan Kepoglu
>

> On 3/13/08, Düster Horst <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Volkan
> >
> > I do have installed a Win qgis-0.9.2RC1_16.02.2008.exe. Unfortunately I
> > can't say from where I got this release. It isn't published at the QGIS
> > download area. This release contains the plugin installer. But without the
> > installer you can publish plugins for your QGIS by copying the plugin
> > directory into your <installation root>\python\plugins directory.
> >
> > p.e. c:\Program Files\Quantum GIS\python\plugins\geoprocessing
> >
> > I hope this helps
> >
> > Regards
> > Horst

> > Dr. Horst Düster
> > GIS-Koordinator, Stv. Amtschef
> >
> > Kanton Solothurn
> > Bau- und Justizdepartement
> > Amt für Geoinformation
> > SO!GIS Koordination
> > Rötistrasse 4
> > CH-4501 Solothurn
> >
> > Telefon ++41(0)32 627 25 32
> > Telefax ++41(0)32 627 22 14
> >
> > mailto:[hidden email]
> > http://www.agi.so.ch

Re: using plugins in windows

Düster Horst
Do you have installed python at your XP box???

Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
GIS-Koordinator, Stv. Amtschef

Kanton Solothurn
Bau- und Justizdepartement
Amt für Geoinformation
SO!GIS Koordination
Rötistrasse 4
CH-4501 Solothurn

Telefon ++41(0)32 627 25 32
Telefax ++41(0)32 627 22 14

mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.agi.so.ch

Re: using plugins in windows

Volkan Kepoglu
Thanks, it worked. I installed python and now I can see your plugin and plugin installer.

I am very suprised. I am guessing that setup installs python, because giving a message about it
and also python25.dll exists in the path

Sometimes big questions have small answers.

thanks alot, it is working now.