using Mapbender 2.7 and http_auth

Michael Schulz
Hi,

I am experimenting with the new http_auth feature, to be able to serve
the restful URLs of owsproxy/http_auth secured layers. I followed the
wiki page instructions, created a user, generated the digest value,
extended the apache configuration. When requesting such a http_auth
layer I get a authentication dialog, but when entering the
credentials, I keep getting back the authentication dialog
("mapbender_registry").

Ok, is it correct that this festure is currently only supported when
using php as an apache module and not as cgi?

Cheers, Michael

Michael Schulz
[hidden email]

in medias res