use of RCS-like keywords in GRASS sources

use of RCS-like keywords in GRASS sources

Ivan Shmakov
        `SUBMITTING' reads:

$ nl -ba SUBMITTING
    67
    68 4.  - deleted.
    69    We don't want the $ ID $ in source code any more as it causes problems
    70    for the SVN branches.
    71
$

        I wonder, why $Id: $ appears on the very top of the file itself
        then?

Re: use of RCS-like keywords in GRASS sources

Markus Neteler
On Jan 4, 2008 10:07 PM, Ivan Shmakov <[hidden email]> wrote:

>         `SUBMITTING' reads:
>
> $ nl -ba SUBMITTING
>     67
>     68  4.  - deleted.
>     69      We don't want the $ ID $ in source code any more as it causes problems
>     70      for the SVN branches.
>     71
> $
>
>         I wonder, why $Id: $ appears on the very top of the file itself
>         then?

Good point.
I have changed ID to Date tag.

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/29563