use of Mapbuilder in GeoDRM application

Netra Patankar
Hi,
I am implementing a Geospatial Digital Rights Management application based on a service oriented architecture. (OGC Document - GeoDRM Engineering Viewpoint)

On the client side I would like to use Mapbuilder but need some help fitting that into the overall architecture. The WMS server used is GeoServer and a suite of services proxy the requests coming from the user (web browser) and authenticate and authorize the user before sending the request to GeoServer. All these services including the GeoServer are deployed on the same Tomcat server. In this architecture, there is no direct commmunication between the client(Mapbuilder) and GeoServer but has to go through the Authentication, License Manager and Auhtorization services, each one redirecting the request to a different page, either a login page or a 'Terms of Use' page before sending the map image back to the browser.
This makes it difficult to use Mapbuilder on the client side because of its use of the Web mapping context to make WMS requests. Although I would like to use other features of Mapbuilder such as the zoom and pan controls and the layer control as well.
Is there any way to customize mapbuilder to meet the needs of my application and how complicated the customization would be? Basically I am looking to use the MapPaneOL widget and the button toolbar at the minimum.

Thanks and regards,

Netra Patankar