usb drives not recognized

Ian Berdanier
Hello,

I have installed QGIS in both Windows and Linux Mint 17.3 (Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty). When I open the QGIS Browser in Linux, none of my external drives are recognized. I can only see my home and root folders. This problem does not exist in the Windows environment.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

-Ian

Re: usb drives not recognized

Randal Hale
Linux treats USB drives a bit differently than windows. USB drives are mounted devices - so they usually appear under the root drive ( which is shown as /). It doesn't appear as a drive letter like it does in windows.

I'm running xubuntu (ubuntu) and mint is built from that. When you add data click computer/system (the root drive /) -> media -> username -> and you should see your USB drive.

On 05/19/2016 07:25 PM, Ian Berdanier wrote:
Hello,

I have installed QGIS in both Windows and Linux Mint 17.3 (Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty). When I open the QGIS Browser in Linux, none of my external drives are recognized. I can only see my home and root folders. This problem does not exist in the Windows environment.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

-Ian

Randal Hale
North River Geographic Systems, Inc