upload a new template for flexible layout

upload a new template for flexible layout

Rodolfo Moreno

Hi all, I have created a new flexible layout but and now I want to upload
into MAPGUIDE SERVER, in order to appear how another layout template in
STUDIO / MAESTRO. How could it be done?

Thanks in advance

-----
Rodolfo Moreno
CivilEng

Re: upload a new template for flexible layout

Jackie Ng

MapGuide does not expose template uploading services. You will have to
manually copy the template to the fusion template directory via ftp/shared
network folders/etc.

- Jackie

Rodolfo Moreno wrote:

> Hi all, I have created a new flexible layout but and now I want to upload
> into MAPGUIDE SERVER, in order to appear how another layout template in
> STUDIO / MAESTRO. How could it be done?
>
> Thanks in advance

Re: upload a new template for flexible layout

Rodolfo Moreno

thanks Jackie,
I have already copy my template to the template directory, but I can't see
my template in MG STUDIO.

Best Regards

-----
Rodolfo Moreno
CivilEng

Re: upload a new template for flexible layout

Jackie Ng

Maybe you need to restart the MapGuide Server for the new template to be
picked up. Does your template have the xml file that describes it?

- Jackie

Rodolfo Moreno wrote:

> thanks Jackie,
> I have already copy my template to the template directory, but I can't see
> my template in MG STUDIO.
>
> Best Regards
>

> Jackie Ng wrote:
>>
>> MapGuide does not expose template uploading services. You will have to
>> manually copy the template to the fusion template directory via
>> ftp/shared network folders/etc.
>>
>> - Jackie
>>

>> Rodolfo Moreno wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all, I have created a new flexible layout but and now I want to
>>> upload into MAPGUIDE SERVER, in order to appear how another layout
>>> template in STUDIO / MAESTRO. How could it be done?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance

RE: upload a new template for flexible layout

Chris Claydon
You shouldn't need to re-start the server, but you may need to re-start Studio, or a least right-click in the template list and pick "Refresh".

In order for the template to show up in Studio, you need to create a template info XML file for it in the following location:

<MgInstallLocation>\WebServerExtensions\www\fusion\templates\mapguide

This folder should already contain similar XML files for the other templates (e.g. aqua.xml, limegold.xml, slate.xml etc.)

Chris.

Rodolfo Moreno wrote:

> thanks Jackie,
> I have already copy my template to the template directory, but I can't see
> my template in MG STUDIO.
>
> Best Regards
>

> Jackie Ng wrote:
>>
>> MapGuide does not expose template uploading services. You will have to
>> manually copy the template to the fusion template directory via
>> ftp/shared network folders/etc.
>>
>> - Jackie
>>

>> Rodolfo Moreno wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all, I have created a new flexible layout but and now I want to
>>> upload into MAPGUIDE SERVER, in order to appear how another layout
>>> template in STUDIO / MAESTRO. How could it be done?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance

RE: upload a new template for flexible layout

Rodolfo Moreno

Thans a lot to all, Finally I could  generate my template in mgstudio.
Chris was in the rigth. I create a new template Info in the location
suggested and it's only necessary to refresh the template list in mgstudio.

Best regards

-----
Rodolfo Moreno
CivilEng

RE: upload a new template for flexible layout

padmini godavarthi

Hi,
iam using mGos 2.1 and fusion 1.1

i have created a new flexible layout (taken slate templete as sample).i have created sample.xml

in C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\fusion\templates\mapguide folder and  created sample folder in the same path.but iam unable to view this templete in MG studio 2010..

Is there any changes required to display in MG studio 2010?i refreshed MG studio but of no use............
Plz guide me ...............

Regards,
padmini G.

RE: upload a new template for flexible layout

padmini godavarthi
Hi,
plz if any body worked on this let me know...i spent much time on this..................

Regards,
padmini G.