update_ts_files.sh

Borys Jurgiel-2
Hi,
I've realized the update_ts_files.sh script collects strings coming from all the
project directories, in particular from the build directory. There are often a
lot of obsolete files there, so updating the .ts files without clearing the
build directory makes a mess in translations. Would it be enough if the script
collected only files from the 'src' and 'python' directiories? I mean to replace
the line 26:

qmake -project -o qgis_ts.pro

with:

qmake -project -o qgis_ts.pro -nopwd src python i18n

For me it seems to work ok, but I'm asking because don't want to miss something
important...

AW: update_ts_files.sh

Hugentobler  Marco
Hi Borys

Right, it makes sense to only consider strings from src and python directory.

Btw, when compiling current trunk, I get the following error message. Is this a related problem?

Regards,
Marco

cd /home/marco/src/qgis/build/i18n && /usr/bin/lrelease -verbose /home/marco/src/qgis/i18n/qgis_pl_PL.ts -qm /home/marco/src/qgis/build/i18n/qgis_pl_PL.qm
lrelease error: duplicate messages found in '/home/marco/src/qgis/i18n/qgis_pl_PL.ts':

* Context: QgsLabelDialogBase
* Source: °

* Context: QgsCopyrightLabelPluginGuiBase
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
make[2]: *** [i18n/qgis_pl_PL.qm] Fehler 1

Re: AW: update_ts_files.sh

macho
Hi!

There has something changed between Qt 4.3 and Qt 4.5 - and it seems
that always the copyright sign is making some problems ..
I still dont know where exactly the problem lies and what causes it ..
maybe the linguist version of qt4.5?

someone found a solution?
regards
Werner

Marco wrote:
> Right, it makes sense to only consider strings from src and python directory.

Nobody objects, so I've commited the change.

> Btw, when compiling current trunk, I get the following error message. Is this
> a related problem?

For me (Qt 4.4) it works without any error.

Werner wrote:
> There has something changed between Qt 4.3 and Qt 4.5 - and it seems
> that always the copyright sign is making some problems ..
> I still dont know where exactly the problem lies and what causes it ..
> maybe the linguist version of qt4.5?

It's always mysterious for me that various lupdates (and lreleases) work in very
different ways. For example, some of them add lines with origins of source
strings while other don't. The coding of the copyright mark may be also
different. I can't find any way to customize that behaviour.