upcoming OGC TC meeting

adam steer-2
Hi standardsfolks

I plan to remotely sit in (and maybe have something to say at) the marine and point cloud DWG meetings at the upcoming OGC technical meeting. I could also listen to (but probably not say much in) the WPS and maybe the DGGS DWG’s.

Anything else OSGeo is particularly interested in, noting other OGC reps may be there, and I can’t listen in all day…

Re: upcoming OGC TC meeting

Cameron Shorter

Hey Adam,

I'd suggest that you only attend OGC meetings for standards and topics which you are directly involved in. Acting as a person in a Chinese whispers chain reduces the effectiveness of communication. It waists your time and the time of others involved. It is best to have the OSGeo people directly engaged in a problem doing the talking. I've observed that OSGeo and OGC have always (usually?) found a way to enable passionate OSGeo individuals to weigh in on topics of interest.

On 22/6/19 9:13 pm, adam steer wrote:
Hi standardsfolks

I plan to remotely sit in (and maybe have something to say at) the marine and point cloud DWG meetings at the upcoming OGC technical meeting. I could also listen to (but probably not say much in) the WPS and maybe the DGGS DWG’s.

Anything else OSGeo is particularly interested in, noting other OGC reps may be there, and I can’t listen in all day…

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254