unable to install QGIS with OSGEO4W on windows 7

unable to install QGIS with OSGEO4W on windows 7

Reginald
Hi,

When trying to install QGIS with OSGEO4W64 installer on the PC of a fellow
worker, everytime I get an error:
crssync.exe : zip.dll is missing. you need to install it again....
Then when restarting and trying to run QGIS I get a dialogue that says:
you need to check qgis-bin.env and correct invalid entries or something like
that How can I completely remove qgis on a windows 7 pc and install qgis 3?
I uninstalled qgis with software panel from windows.
Then I deleted the OSGEO4W folder.
Then I tried deleting qgis instances in regedit but that failed.
Is there a way to copy the zip.dll from somewhere and paste it in the right
place?
Why isn't OSGEO4W installer setting the right env variables?
You see, a lot of questions, but QGIS is a big program and has a lot of
possibilities ;-)

Re: unable to install QGIS with OSGEO4W on windows 7

Antongeo76
This post was updated on .
Reginald wrote
> Hi,
>
> When trying to install QGIS with OSGEO4W64 installer on the PC of a fellow
> worker, everytime I get an error:
> crssync.exe : zip.dll is missing. you need to install it again....
> Then when restarting and trying to run QGIS I get a dialogue that says:
> you need to check qgis-bin.env and correct invalid entries or something
> like
> that How can I completely remove qgis on a windows 7 pc and install qgis
> 3?
> I uninstalled qgis with software panel from windows.
> Then I deleted the OSGEO4W folder.
> Then I tried deleting qgis instances in regedit but that failed.
> Is there a way to copy the zip.dll from somewhere and paste it in the
> right
> place?
> Why isn't OSGEO4W installer setting the right env variables?
> You see, a lot of questions, but QGIS is a big program and has a lot of
> possibilities ;-)
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html

Hi Reginald,

please read this post where there are some solutions
in addition you can reopen this issue

https://issues.qgis.org/issues/20112

regards

-----