ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa
Hi all,

I wanted to ask you what is the status of Xenial branch? Is there
anything to be tested? Thanks, Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa

Re: ubuntu xenial

Matej Pastor
hi martin,

at this time i am waiting for ivan mincik to approve my last commit.
then we will continue with next service. at this time
the installation of gis.lab from this dev branch is not working.

--
Matej Pastor
email: [hidden email]

Re: ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa
Hi Matej,

> at this time i am waiting for ivan mincik to approve my last commit.
> then we will continue with next service. at this time
> the installation of gis.lab from this dev branch is not working.

thanks for info! I hope that the things will move forward soon. Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa

Re: ubuntu xenial

Ivan Mincik

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Matej Pastor <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi martin,

at this time i am waiting for ivan mincik to approve my last commit.

Hi Matej,
I will try to do it ASAP.
Sorry for that.

Re: ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa
Dear all,

> I will try to do it ASAP.
> Sorry for that.

is there any progress in this issue? Thanks, Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa

Re: ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa

>> Yes, see ubuntu-xenial-dev branch. It would be great if more people will
>> review these changes.
>
> I started testing this branch, see [1]. Martin
>
> [1] https://github.com/gislab-npo/gislab/issues/493

I am able to create virtual machine by using
http://gislab-download.s3.amazonaws.com/xenial-server-cloudimg-amd64-vagrant~imincik3.box

By restarting the machine fails, see #493. Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa

Re: ubuntu xenial

Ivan Mincik
Hi Martin,

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 3:03 AM, Martin Landa <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Yes, see ubuntu-xenial-dev branch. It would be great if more people will
>> review these changes.
>
> I started testing this branch, see [1]. Martin
>
> [1] https://github.com/gislab-npo/gislab/issues/493

I am able to create virtual machine by using
http://gislab-download.s3.amazonaws.com/xenial-server-cloudimg-amd64-vagrant~imincik3.box

By restarting the machine fails, see #493. Ma

This Vagrant box is just temporary fix to be able to do some development. It is expected that it will fail after restart. I didn't expect that Canonical will just ignore the fact that Vagrant boxes are not usable for such a long time.

Re: ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa

> This Vagrant box is just temporary fix to be able to do some development. It
> is expected that it will fail after restart. I didn't expect that Canonical
> will just ignore the fact that Vagrant boxes are not usable for such a long
> time.

thanks for explanation. Anyway, it's not clear to me what is the
status of xenial development (how many roles were upgraded at least).
In am able to create virtual machine by `vagrant up`, that's
everything I can say. Is there available issue or wiki page were we
could collect current state of art?

Thanks, Martin

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 3:51 AM, Martin Landa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This Vagrant box is just temporary fix to be able to do some development. It
> is expected that it will fail after restart. I didn't expect that Canonical
> will just ignore the fact that Vagrant boxes are not usable for such a long
> time.

thanks for explanation. Anyway, it's not clear to me what is the
status of xenial development (how many roles were upgraded at least).
In am able to create virtual machine by `vagrant up`, that's
everything I can say. Is there available issue or wiki page were we
could collect current state of art?

Just check "system/gislab.yml" file in "ubuntu-xenial-dev" branch to see which roles are enabled.

Re: ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa

today I did first tests on the unit. I created bootable GIS.lab ISO
based on Ubuntu Server 16.04. I was able to install plain OS. There
were few differences, except of Apt proxy server the installer asked
me also for:

1) The installer has detected that the following disks have mounted
partitions: /dev/sda... Umount partitions that are use? I chose YES
(NO doesn't make sense at all here), and
2) Install the GRUB boot loader on hard disk. Device to boot loader
installation: I chose /dev/sda

After installation the system doesn't seem to boot (just black screen
and nothing happens). The installer based on Ubuntu 12.04 works as
expected (same unit, same usb flash disc, same procedure). The system
boots normally. Is xenial installer expected to work? I will do some
investigation within next days and let you know. Thanks for any tips
in advance, Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa

Re: ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa

> After installation the system doesn't seem to boot (just black screen
> and nothing happens). The installer based on Ubuntu 12.04 works as

I tried to create bootable USB disk based on original
ubuntu-server-16.04 ISO. The OS after installation booted normally, so
it must be something related to gis.lab iso creation process. Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa

Re: ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa

> I tried to create bootable USB disk based on original
> ubuntu-server-16.04 ISO. The OS after installation booted normally, so
> it must be something related to gis.lab iso creation process. Ma

btw, gis.lab iso is bootable only when it's modified by isohybrid
command. Even that original ubuntu iso image is bootable without any
modifications. Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa

Re: ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa
> btw, gis.lab iso is bootable only when it's modified by isohybrid
> command. Even that original ubuntu iso image is bootable without any
> modifications. Martin

reported as https://github.com/gislab-npo/gislab/issues/495

Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa

Re: ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa

btw, what's difference between ubuntu-xenial and ubuntu-xenial-dev
branches? Thanks for clarification in advance, Martin

On 04/06/16 06:16, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,

> btw, what's difference between ubuntu-xenial and ubuntu-xenial-dev
> branches? Thanks for clarification in advance, Martin

ubuntu-xenial-dev is for early development, can contain broken code.
What is working/tested should be moved to ubuntu-xenial branch.

--
Ivan Minčík
[hidden email]  GPG: 0x79529A1E

Re: ubuntu xenial

Martin Landa

> ubuntu-xenial-dev is for early development, can contain broken code.
> What is working/tested should be moved to ubuntu-xenial branch.

thanks for clarification, the existence of ubuntu-xenial branch, even
we don't have stable version yet, was confusing to me.

Martin