ubuntu repositories for qgis 1.0 stable

Agustin Lobo-2
The download page  indicates  that the repositories for qgis 1.0 ubuntu are:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/ubuntu hardy main

is this correct? I only see 0.11 there. Could it be that the correct ones were:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/jef-norbit/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/jef-norbit/ubuntu hardy main

?

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)

Re: ubuntu repositories for qgis 1.0 stable

Tim Sutton
Hi

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 13:32 +0100, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> The download page  indicates  that the repositories for qgis 1.0 ubuntu are:
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/ubuntu hardy main
> deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/ubuntu hardy main
> is this correct?

This should be correct but it looks like the i386 deb is missing from
http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/ubuntu/pool/main/q/qgis/ - Juergen can you
try to rebuild?

>  I only see 0.11 there. Could it be that the correct ones were:
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/jef-norbit/ubuntu hardy main
> deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/jef-norbit/ubuntu hardy main

The jef-norbit repo will contain only development builds from the
unstable / trunk tree. If you are wanting the official stable builds
they should come from the qgis ppa.

Regards

Tim

--
Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
Visit http://linfiniti.com to find out about:
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: ubuntu repositories for qgis 1.0 stable

John C. Tull
Will the hardy builds work on Intrepid? I have a 64-bit Intrepid
virtual machine for which I would like to get a binary of qgis 1.0.0
plus dependencies.

Thanks,
John

On Jan 2, 2009, at 7:36 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 13:32 +0100, Agustin Lobo wrote:
>> The download page  indicates  that the repositories for qgis 1.0
>> ubuntu are:
>> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/ubuntu hardy main
>> deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/ubuntu hardy main
>> is this correct?
>

> This should be correct but it looks like the i386 deb is missing from
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/ubuntu/pool/main/q/qgis/ - Juergen can
> you
> try to rebuild?
>
>> I only see 0.11 there. Could it be that the correct ones were:
>> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/jef-norbit/ubuntu hardy main
>> deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/jef-norbit/ubuntu hardy main
>
> The jef-norbit repo will contain only development builds from the
> unstable / trunk tree. If you are wanting the official stable builds
> they should come from the qgis ppa.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>

>> ?
>>
>> Agus
>>

> --
> Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)

Re: ubuntu repositories for qgis 1.0 stable

Tim Sutton
Hi

There should be an intrepid build in that same repo. Use something like:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/ubuntu intrepid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/ubuntu intrepid main

regards

Tim

Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: ubuntu repositories for qgis 1.0 stable

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Tim,

On Fri, 02. Jan 2009 at 17:36:00 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> This should be correct but it looks like the i386 deb is missing from
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/ubuntu/pool/main/q/qgis/ - Juergen can you
> try to rebuild?

I compiled them in my ppa and copied them to the qgis ppa - looks like
the i386 binaries weren't ready then.  I copied again - now it looks
complete.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden