troubles with libproj in linux

Francisco Puga
hi,

I'm experimenting some troubles that i think that are related to the
liprof library packaged with gvSIG in linux.

In the development enviroment when i add a layer to a view and i try
to reproject the layer on the fly the jvm crash (i attach the the log,
hs_err_pid17569.log). If i remove the libproj.so.0.5.0 file of the
/binaries/linux folder and make a symbolic link to the libproj library
of my system (mandriva linux 2010.1) all works right.

I have this environment variables set on eclipse:
-Djava.library.path=${workspace_loc}/binaries/linux
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${workspace_loc}/binaries/linux
PROJ_LIB=${workspace_loc}/_fwAndami/gvSIG/extensiones/org.gvsig.crs/data

I think that this can be a bug.

Also, if i try to make the same from the official version of gvSIG on
linux the app doesn't crash but the layer appears with a red cross,
and it doesn't load. ¿Anyone else is experimenting this?

I think that this can be related to this thread:
http://listserv.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_desarrolladores/2009-January/002635.html

Thanks
--
Francisco Puga
Grupo de Desarrollo

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493

hs_err_pid17569.log (89K) Download Attachment

Re: troubles with libproj in linux

Jordi Torres
Hi Francisco,

Which version of libproj do you have in your Mandriva distro? Is not the same? In my system (Ubuntu 10.04 it libproj.so.0.6.6 ).
I say that because I had to update libz in the last codesprint, it was too old. Maybe we you are in the same scenario and libproj should be replaced.

Cheers.

2011/2/14 Francisco Puga <[hidden email]>
[...]

http://listserv.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_desarrolladores/2009-January/00263y to make the same from the official version of gvSIG on
linux the app doesn't crash but the layer appears with a red cross,5.html

Thanks
--
Francisco Puga
Grupo de Desarrollo
Cartolab - Laboratorio de Ingeniería Cartográfica.
http://www.cartolab.es

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es

2011/2/15 Jordi Torres <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Francisco,
>
> Which version of libproj do you have in your Mandriva distro? Is not the
> same? In my system (Ubuntu 10.04 it libproj.so.0.6.6 ).
> I say that because I had to update libz in the last codesprint, it was too
> old. Maybe we you are in the same scenario and libproj should be replaced.

I have installed libproj.so.0.6.6

gvSIG version is libproj.so.0.5.0

I think it should be updated. Should i fill a bug?

Re: troubles with libproj in linux

Jordi Torres
Hi Francisco,

The problem is that in previous versions of Ubuntu for example, not quite old (9.10 for example), the installed library is libproj.so.0.5.5. So I'm not sure about updating this library. Anyway you can fill a bug, for consideration of the reviewers.
By the way, did you solve your windows installer problems?

Cheers.

2011/2/15 Francisco Puga <[hidden email]>
2011/2/15 Jordi Torres <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Francisco,
>
> Which version of libproj do you have in your Mandriva distro? Is not the
> same? In my system (Ubuntu 10.04 it libproj.so.0.6.6 ).
> I say that because I had to update libz in the last codesprint, it was too
> old. Maybe we you are in the same scenario and libproj should be replaced.

I have installed libproj.so.0.6.6

gvSIG version is libproj.so.0.5.0

I think it should be updated. Should i fill a bug?

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es

Re: troubles with libproj in linux

Benjamin Ducke
Unfortunately, updating libproj is not that easy.
I tried doing that myself and eventually had to go
back to version 0.5.0. Any higher version would fail
for grid-based reprojections (this is the reason why
there is a projection patch for gvSIG OADE 2010: it
actually downgrades the included libproj).

I am sure the problem can be fixed and eventually
libproj can be upgraded. But some closer inspection
and testing will be needed.

Ben

------
Files attached to this email may be in ISO 26300 format (OASIS Open Document Format). If you have difficulty opening them, please visit http://iso26300.info for more information.