troubles making a windows installer for a extension

troubles making a windows installer for a extension

Francisco Puga
hi,

I made a windows installer for a extension with the tools provides by
the gvSIG project.

When you launch the installer it asks if the requirements should be
checked, if you answer Yes, it tries to download jre 1.6 even if it's
installed on the system, if you answer No, you should set the path to
jre by hand. ¿Is this a bug or i'm doing something wrong? I think that
this is not the expected behavior.

Also, i found that in the install folder of the svn are the jre 1.4
and 1.5 for win, linux and mac. The folder is about 800MB. Can be the
old jre removed from the trunk.

--
Francisco Puga
Grupo de Desarrollo

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493

Re: troubles making a windows installer for a extension

Jordi Torres
Hi Francisco,

I had similar problems with the releasing of 3D extension, I don't remember exactly what I did to solve the problem, but I think you need to tweak the file win-distribution/resources/launcher-Win32.ini.j15. Anyway maybe it is not necessary  to check if Java is installed in your extension installer. If you are installing a gvSIG extension, you have the jvm for sure. If you don't arrive to a solution I can give you my launcher-Win32.ini.j15.

W.r.t. removing jre 1.4 form repository I am agree.

Cheers.

2011/2/11 Francisco Puga <[hidden email]>
[...]

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es

2011/2/14 Jordi Torres <[hidden email]>:
> I had similar problems with the releasing of 3D extension, I don't remember
> exactly what I did to solve the problem, but I think you need to tweak the
> file win-distribution/resources/launcher-Win32.ini.j15. Anyway maybe it is
> not necessary  to check if Java is installed in your extension installer. If
> you are installing a gvSIG extension, you have the jvm for sure. If you
> don't arrive to a solution I can give you my launcher-Win32.ini.j15.

Thanks for the tip Jordi.

I already tried to hack the launcher-Win32.ini.j15 file to avoid the
check for the jvm without success. It would be great if you can send
me your file.

Re: troubles making a windows installer for a extension

Jordi Torres
Hi Francisco,

Attached is the file launcher-Win32.ini.j15. I don't see significant changes, but I forgot to say that you have to change the java version in the file install_15.xml and add the tag <javaversion>1.6</javaversion>, but remember to compile it with j1.5 compliance. Is a must to pass the tests in order to be an official extension... :S

Anyway something is not very clear in the installer files, I am agree. AKAIK In the 2.0 branch the installation process has changed, so no need to fight with this installer anymore :).

Good Luck!

launcher-Win32.ini.j15 (5K) Download Attachment

Re: troubles making a windows installer for a extension

Francisco Puga
oh, sorry.

I forget to answer this post.

Finally i didn't get the installer works as i want, i test again when
we have another release, and if i get something i will comment it.