to display maps in docker grass

orkun
hi,
I pulled docker grass ( neteler/grassgis7  )
I tried d.mon -x start=wx0
ERROR: wxGUI requires wxPython. No module named wx
So, I cannot view the maps.
when we use docker grass , what is the way to display created maps ?

regards

--
Ahmet Temiz
Jeoloji Müh.

________________________

Ahmet Temiz
Geological Eng.
Information Systems - GIS Group
Disaster and Emergency Management
of Presidency

Re: to display maps in docker grass

Markus Neteler
Hi,

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 12:52 PM Ahmet Temiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
> I pulled docker grass ( neteler/grassgis7  )
> I tried d.mon -x start=wx0
> ERROR: wxGUI requires wxPython. No module named wx
> So, I cannot view the maps.
> when we use docker grass , what is the way to display created maps ?

Most GRASS docker images are made for non-interactive usage, i.e. they
don't include a graphical interface.
In this case, you can use the PNG driver:
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/pngdriver.html

For the interactive usage, I have recently tried to also create a
docker image with wxGUI included
https://hub.docker.com/r/neteler/docker-alpine-grass-gis-gui

but the GUI doesn't start yet. Apparently a wxGUI related package is
still needed but I don't know which one.
Anyone having an idea?

Best,
Markus