tiger.info

Allan B Branscomb
I have one county's TIGER files (type 1 through p) in a directory.  When I run
tiger.info on the type1 file I get the message "can't find classification
code support file".

I can find no discussion of this requirement in the documentation.  There are a
couple of possibilities for the file(s) it wants:  one is the CENSUS_GRF_ss
file where 'ss' is the FIPS state code, and the other is the file
'fipscode.asc' which contains all of the counties for all of the states.

It may be that some other file altogether is required, but I can find no
discussion of what it may be.

Help?

allan