three errors we have been ignoring

tac

three errors we have been ignoring

tac
GeoNetwork 3.10.2 seems to be working fine for months, but we have been
ignoring three non-critical system check errors on the status page:

  * Dashboard error - related to not using ElasticSearch
  * remote index - also related to not using elasticsearch
  * available connections in database =0  (we use jndi and PostGIS, and
    have set 200 handles and 10 reserved in the postgreSQL config)

Should we be downloading and using ElasticSearch, modifying web.xml and
presumably making the first two errors go away (and improving wfs searches)?

How to change the jndi connections?

Re: three errors we have been ignoring

Francois Prunayre
Hi Terry, those modules are optional - at least dashboard and remote index.
https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/user-guide/analyzing/data.html
https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/maintainer-guide/statistics/index.html

So it is not critical and if you don't need it it does not make sense to
add them just for removing those warnings.

For JNDI, no suggestion.

Cheers.

Francois

tac

Re: three errors we have been ignoring

tac
Thank you for that.

Upon perusing the links, I think I need to implement ElasticSearch - it
seems to provide excellent capability.

On 2021-01-06 12:18 a.m., Francois Prunayre wrote:

> Hi Terry, those modules are optional - at least dashboard and remote
> https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/user-guide/analyzing/data.html
> <https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/user-guide/analyzing/data.html>
> https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/maintainer-guide/statistics/index.html
> <https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/maintainer-guide/statistics/index.html>
>
> So it is not critical and if you don't need it it does not make sense
> to add them just for removing those warnings.
>
> For JNDI, no suggestion.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Francois
>

> Le lun. 28 déc. 2020 à 05:13, Terry <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>
>     GeoNetwork 3.10.2 seems to be working fine for months, but we have
>     been
>     ignoring three non-critical system check errors on the status page:
>
>       * Dashboard error - related to not using ElasticSearch
>       * remote index - also related to not using elasticsearch
>       * available connections in database =0  (we use jndi and
>     PostGIS, and
>         have set 200 handles and 10 reserved in the postgreSQL config)
>
>     Should we be downloading and using ElasticSearch, modifying
>     web.xml and
>     presumably making the first two errors go away (and improving wfs
>     searches)?
>
>     How to change the jndi connections?

>     GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
>     <http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork>

Re: three errors we have been ignoring

Francois Prunayre
Hi, I would recommend to use GeoNetwork 4 if interested in Elasticsearch
benefits (scoring, more like this, performance, ...)
https://geonetwork-opensource.org/_static/documents/gn-user-meeting-202006-GeoNetwork4-All-about-search.pdf

Francois