tcp://localhost:61616 due to: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

tcp://localhost:61616 due to: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Tanja
Hello,

I want to use a new Version of Geonetwork. I use the .war and get a new
folder of Geonetwork in the webapps folder in the Tmocat folder. When I try
to start Geonetwork I get the following error

FATAL [jeeves.engine] - Raised exception during init
FATAL [jeeves.engine] -    Exception :
with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0': Invocation of
init method failed; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Failed to bind
to server socket: tcp://localhost:61616 due to: java.net.BindException:
Address already in use: JVM_Bind
FATAL [jeeves.engine] -    Message   : Error creating bean with name
'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0': Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Failed to bind to server
socket: tcp://localhost:61616 due to: java.net.BindException: Address
already in use: JVM_Bind
[jeeves.engine] -    Stack     :
with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0': Invocation of
init method failed; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Failed to bind
to server socket: tcp://localhost:61616 due to: java.net.BindException:
Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Maybe the error appear because I had an other Geonetwork version on the
server before? Can someone help me to start the Geonetwork?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Tanja

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Re: tcp://localhost:61616 due to: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Jo Cook
Hi Tanja,

Generally this means that tomcat or something else is still running when
you try to restart it. You can find out what is running on the port
mentioned in your error logs by running the following command (assuming you
are on linux):

sudo fuser -v -n tcp 61616

Then you can kill the process identified by running the following
(substitute the process you had for 1234):

sudo kill -9 1234

Jo

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 7:34 AM Tanja <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to use a new Version of Geonetwork. I use the .war and get a new
> folder of Geonetwork in the webapps folder in the Tmocat folder. When I try
> to start Geonetwork I get the following error
>
> FATAL [jeeves.engine] - Raised exception during init
> FATAL [jeeves.engine] -    Exception :
> bean
> with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0': Invocation of
> init method failed; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Failed to bind
> to server socket: tcp://localhost:61616 due to: java.net.BindException:
> Address already in use: JVM_Bind
> FATAL [jeeves.engine] -    Message   : Error creating bean with name
> 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0': Invocation of init method
> failed; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Failed to bind to server
> socket: tcp://localhost:61616 due to: java.net.BindException: Address
> already in use: JVM_Bind
> [jeeves.engine] -    Stack     :
> bean
> with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0': Invocation of
> init method failed; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Failed to bind
> to server socket: tcp://localhost:61616 due to: java.net.BindException:
> Address already in use: JVM_Bind
>

> Maybe the error appear because I had an other Geonetwork version on the
> server before? Can someone help me to start the Geonetwork?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kind regards,
> Tanja
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For urgent
our office on 01372 744009

*
Reserve your conference place now:  *Bristol 26 Sept
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/astun-conference-bristol-tickets-46763717538>*
| *Leeds 3rd October
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/astun-conference-leeds-tickets-46763825862>

*
*
*Sign up to our mailing list
<https://astuntechnology.com/company/#email-updates> for updates on news,
products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd, The
Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744
009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>

Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Re: tcp://localhost:61616 due to: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Francois Prunayre
Hi, you probably have this issue
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/1933

So you can change the default port for messaging in
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/master/web/src/main/webResources/WEB-INF/config.properties#L19

HTH

Francois