taking action on sponsorship recommendations

taking action on sponsorship recommendations

jody.garnett
Doubling back to sponsorship story here...

We had a productive meeting with current and potential sponsors in Feb, I sent the resulting notes to [hidden email] for transparency.

I have a couple of motions I would like to make now:
- introduce a "diamond" category at 30k because some of our sponsors are generous
- restrict sponsorship to avoid search engine optimization companies

I asked for some help in Feb ... and need to ask again:

- We owe our 2017 sponsors a couple of press releases (if anyone has additional kind words to say about GeoCat I could use a hand)
- Our sponsorship page lists events that can use sponsorship .... but I am having trouble finding them all. Some events like foss4g Africa and foss4g argentine do not seem to have their sponsorship information on their website.
--
Jody Garnett

Re: taking action on sponsorship recommendations

Anita Graser
Hi Jody

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 3:34 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a couple of motions I would like to make now:
- introduce a "diamond" category at 30k because some of our sponsors are generous
- restrict sponsorship to avoid search engine optimization companies

​+1 for both.

FYI: We have have the following rule for QGIS sponsors:

Acceptance of sponsorship offers is at the discretion of the QGIS PSC. We reserve the right to decline offers of sponsorship if the sponsoring organisation or party seems to be at odds with the ethos of our project. For example offers from marketing companies that have nothing to do with GIS / spatial services, or offers where we have reason to believe the presence of the sponsors logo and marketing materials on our site and other materials will degrade the experience of our users will be declined.​

​Best wishes,
Anita​

Re: taking action on sponsorship recommendations

Angelos Tzotsos
On 03/10/2017 12:02 PM, Anita Graser wrote:

> Hi Jody
>
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 3:34 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> I have a couple of motions I would like to make now:
>> - introduce a "diamond" category at 30k because some of our sponsors are
>> generous
>> - restrict sponsorship to avoid search engine optimization companies
>>
> ​+1 for both.

+1 for both,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member

Re: taking action on sponsorship recommendations

Maria Antonia Brovelli

+1

+1

Thanks!

Maria

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.htmlBoard of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

Sol Katz Award 2015

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)

Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  [hidden email][hidden email]

On 03/10/2017 12:02 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
> Hi Jody
>
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 3:34 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> I have a couple of motions I would like to make now:
>> - introduce a "diamond" category at 30k because some of our sponsors are
>> generous
>> - restrict sponsorship to avoid search engine optimization companies
>>
> +1 for both.

+1 for both,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: taking action on sponsorship recommendations

Helena Mitasova-7
+1 on both, Helena

Should this go through Loomio for the record?

> On Mar 12, 2017, at 7:31 AM, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 03/10/2017 12:02 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
>> Hi Jody
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 3:34 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> I have a couple of motions I would like to make now:
>>> - introduce a "diamond" category at 30k because some of our sponsors are
>>> generous
>>> - restrict sponsorship to avoid search engine optimization companies
>>>
>> ​+1 for both.
>
> +1 for both,
> Angelos
>

> --
> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
> Charter Member
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
and Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
[hidden email]
http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html

Re: taking action on sponsorship recommendations

jody.garnett
Sorry I was slow using the loomio:
I have a couple of motions I would like to make now:
- introduce a "diamond" category at 30k because some of our sponsors are generous

- restrict sponsorship to avoid search engine optimization companies

- We owe our 2017 sponsors a couple of press releases (if anyone has additional kind words to say about GeoCat I could use a hand)

I still need assistance here, please email and I can share the current draft.

- Our sponsorship page lists events that can use sponsorship .... but I am having trouble finding them all. Some events like foss4g Africa and foss4g argentine do not seem to have their sponsorship information on their website.

Anyone know the organizations, or is this something that the conference committee can sort out?

Re: taking action on sponsorship recommendations

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
+1 on both, Venka

On 3/13/2017 2:33 AM, Helena Mitasova wrote:

> +1 on both, Helena
>
> Should this go through Loomio for the record?
>

>> On Mar 12, 2017, at 7:31 AM, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 03/10/2017 12:02 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
>>> Hi Jody

>>> ​+1 for both.
>>
>> +1 for both,
>> Angelos
>>

>> --
>> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
>> Charter Member
>> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
>> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

> Helena Mitasova
> Professor at the Department of Marine,
> Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
> and Center for Geospatial Analytics
> North Carolina State University
> Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
> [hidden email]
> http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html
>
> "All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”

Re: taking action on sponsorship recommendations

jody.garnett
Proposal results inline:
- introduce a "diamond" category at 30k because some of our sponsors are generous

This proposal has been approved (thanks everyone for getting back to this promptly).

- restrict sponsorship to avoid search engine optimization companies

This proposal is still open - 2 days remaining.

- We owe our 2017 sponsors a couple of press releases (if anyone has additional kind words to say about GeoCat I could use a hand)

I still need assistance here, please email and I can share the current draft.

Mac has reviewed from marketing (thanks Marc).

- Our sponsorship page lists events that can use sponsorship .... but I am having trouble finding them all. Some events like foss4g Africa and foss4g argentine do not seem to have their sponsorship information on their website.

Anyone know the organizations, or is this something that the conference committee can sort out?

Need some assistance here folks.