symbology rotation

KMR - Kåre Mølgård Rasmussen

Hi list (sorry if it is reposted – I´m not sure, if the first mail got around)

Currently I´m using mapserver 4.10 to display tab-files. Due to the fact, that I´m unable to get mapserver to display the right symbol (I use my own true type font)

I´ve mapped the neseccary symbols like this

SYMBOL

  NAME "mysymbL"

  TYPE TRUETYPE

  FONT mytruetype

  FILLED true

  ANTIALIAS true

  CHARACTER "L"

END

Then  in the different layer definitions I do like this:

LAYER

  NAME Water

  TYPE POINT

  STATUS OFF

  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR

  CONNECTION "/…/water.tab"

  METADATA

     "themename" "Water"

  END

  TOLERANCEUNITS meters

  TOLERANCE 4

  TEMPLATE "dummy.html"

    CLASSITEM "W_TYPE"

    CLASS

       EXPRESSION "waterL"

       COLOR 0 0 255

       SYMBOL "mysymbL"

       SIZE 1

    END

END

My problem is that MapServer ignores the symbology angle used in the tab file. Does anyone have any suggestion to this problem

TIA

Kaare

RE: symbology rotation

Fawcett, David (MNIT)
Message
You are using a very old version of MapSever.  Are you sure that 4.1 supports symbology rotation?  I can't remember when that feature was added.

I suggest upgrading to a more recent version of MapServer.

David.

RE: symbology rotation

Fawcett, David (MNIT)

GWAVA_1#message.txt (1K) Download Attachment
GWAVA_2#TEXT.htm (10K) Download Attachment
3#Part.002 (236 bytes) Download Attachment
GWAVADAT.TXT (40 bytes) Download Attachment