[support.osuosl.org #27802] Mirroring OSGeo Downloads over OSUOSL ftp Service

[support.osuosl.org #27802] Mirroring OSGeo Downloads over OSUOSL ftp Service

Lance Albertson via RT-2
> [Regina Obe]
>
> Now that we have download.osgeo.org on osgeo7, I'd like to proceed
> with this.
>
> Can you send me a public key you'll be using to sync the files and
> I'll create an account for it to pull.
> I think a 2-3 scheduled syncs a day should be sufficient.
>
> The folder we'd want synched is the /osgeo folder on
> download.osgeo.org
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

The public key is as follows:

ssh-rsa
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
root@ftp-osl

Are there any specific flags you'd like to use for the syncing?

Re: [support.osuosl.org #27802] Mirroring OSGeo Downloads over OSUOSL ftp Service

Regina Obe

> Are there any specific flags you'd like to use for the syncing?
>
> --
> Regards,
[Regina Obe]

I've setup an account osladmin on download.osgeo.org

Can you confirm you can rsync with

rsync -avz [hidden email]:/osgeo/ wherever

I think avz should be sufficient.

The osgeo folder has two folders - a download and a bottle one.

Note all these files are public so no special read permissions need to be put in place.

On our current setup, the download folder is accessed via

https://download.osgeo.org

and the bottle folder is accessed via

https://bottle.download.osgeo.org

It would be nice if we could have a similar setup for the mirror

Thanks,
Regina

On Mon May 13 21:48:39 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
> [Regina Obe]
>
> I've setup an account osladmin on download.osgeo.org
>
> Can you confirm you can rsync with
>
> rsync -avz [hidden email]:/osgeo/ wherever
>
> I think avz should be sufficient.

How large is that folder?

> The osgeo folder has two folders - a download and a bottle one.
>
> Note all these files are public so no special read permissions need to be put
> in place.
>
> On our current setup, the download folder is accessed via
>
> https://download.osgeo.org
>
> and the bottle folder is accessed via
>
> https://bottle.download.osgeo.org
>
> It would be nice if we could have a similar setup for the mirror

We can do those subdomains configured in that manner however the https endpoints
are currently only serving and *.osuosl.org certificate. We have a long term
plan to deploy LetsEncrypt on that cluster, but it requires some additional
engineering. Will this be an issue?

--
Lance Albertson
Director

Re: [support.osuosl.org #27802] Mirroring OSGeo Downloads over OSUOSL ftp Service

Regina Obe
> > It would be nice if we could have a similar setup for the mirror
>
> We can do those subdomains configured in that manner however the https
> endpoints are currently only serving and *.osuosl.org certificate. We have a
> long term plan to deploy LetsEncrypt on that cluster, but it requires some
> additional engineering. Will this be an issue?
>
> --
> Lance Albertson
> Director
> Oregon State University | Open Source Lab

Re: [support.osuosl.org #27802] Mirroring OSGeo Downloads over OSUOSL ftp Service

Lance Albertson via RT-2
> > It would be nice if we could have a similar setup for the mirror
>
> We can do those subdomains configured in that manner however the https
> endpoints are currently only serving and *.osuosl.org certificate. We have a
> long term plan to deploy LetsEncrypt on that cluster, but it requires some
> additional engineering. Will this be an issue?
>
> --
> Lance Albertson
> Director
> Oregon State University | Open Source Lab
[Regina Obe]
No issue for me.

[support.osuosl.org #27802] Mirroring OSGeo Downloads over OSUOSL ftp Service

Lance Albertson via RT-2
On Mon May 13 21:48:39 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
> Can you confirm you can rsync with
>
> rsync -avz [hidden email]:/osgeo/ wherever

No such luck with rsync or ssh.

I've attached the output of 'ssh -i ~/.ssh/our_ssh_key
[hidden email] -vv'.

[support.osuosl.org #27802] Mirroring OSGeo Downloads over OSUOSL ftp Service

Lance Albertson via RT-2
Nevermind, I can just use the rsync endpoint.