stickers for FOSS4G in Bucharest

Veronica Andreo
Dear PSC

I was thinking that we should definitely print some stickers to bring to the OSGeo booth at FOSS4G in Bucharest, as we have done in the past. I think stickers give us some visibility, everyone likes them and no folding is needed as compared to flyers :p

I ordered from Stickermule last time and the quality was much better than that of sticker-app. I thought of ordering 500 die cut stickers (same as last year) with GRASS logo (https://www.stickermule.com/products/die-cut-stickers). Choosing the smallest dimension (also as last year), it's something like ~150 dollars. However, since our logo is not exactly 2x2 inches, price is a bit less IIRC.

If PSC agrees, I can assist with the ordering process, but cannot really pay with my credit card this time. So, it would be great if we can pay directly from GRASS bank account.

What do you say?

Best,
Vero

Re: stickers for FOSS4G in Bucharest

Helena Mitasova-7
+1 assuming we have it in the budget,

Helena

On Jun 25, 2019, at 2:16 PM, Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Professor, Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Faculty Fellow,
Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208

Re: stickers for FOSS4G in Bucharest

Markus Neteler
Hi,

Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 25. Juni 2019, 21:20:
+1 assuming we have it in the budget,

We have reserved up to 500€ for that, see

So, +1 from me.

Markus

Re: stickers for FOSS4G in Bucharest

margherita
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 10:54 PM Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 25. Juni 2019, 21:20:
+1 assuming we have it in the budget,

We have reserved up to 500€ for that, see

So, +1 from me.

+1, and thank you Vero for taking the initiative!

Margherita Di Leo

Re: stickers for FOSS4G in Bucharest

"Peter Löwe"
+1 provided that budget is available.

Peter

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 8:12 PM Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear PSC
>
> I was thinking that we should definitely print some stickers to bring to the OSGeo booth at FOSS4G in Bucharest, as we have done in the past. I think stickers give us some visibility, everyone likes them and no folding is needed as compared to flyers :p
>
> I ordered from Stickermule last time and the quality was much better than that of sticker-app. I thought of ordering 500 die cut stickers (same as last year) with GRASS logo (https://www.stickermule.com/products/die-cut-stickers). Choosing the smallest dimension (also as last year), it's something like ~150 dollars. However, since our logo is not exactly 2x2 inches, price is a bit less IIRC.
>
> If PSC agrees, I can assist with the ordering process, but cannot really pay with my credit card this time. So, it would be great if we can pay directly from GRASS bank account.

The votes have been:

Moritz Lennert +1
Helena Mitasova +1
Margherita Di Leo +1
Markus Neteler +1
Peter Löwe +1

Anna Petrasova - no repsonse
Martin Landa  - no repsonse
Vaclav Petras  - no repsonse

I hereby declare the motion passed.

Best,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software

Re: stickers for FOSS4G in Bucharest

Anna Petrášová

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019, 15:37 Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 8:12 PM Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear PSC
>
> I was thinking that we should definitely print some stickers to bring to the OSGeo booth at FOSS4G in Bucharest, as we have done in the past. I think stickers give us some visibility, everyone likes them and no folding is needed as compared to flyers :p
>
> I ordered from Stickermule last time and the quality was much better than that of sticker-app. I thought of ordering 500 die cut stickers (same as last year) with GRASS logo (https://www.stickermule.com/products/die-cut-stickers). Choosing the smallest dimension (also as last year), it's something like ~150 dollars. However, since our logo is not exactly 2x2 inches, price is a bit less IIRC.
>
> If PSC agrees, I can assist with the ordering process, but cannot really pay with my credit card this time. So, it would be great if we can pay directly from GRASS bank account.

The votes have been:

Moritz Lennert +1
Helena Mitasova +1
Margherita Di Leo +1
Markus Neteler +1
Peter Löwe +1

Anna Petrasova - no repsonse
Martin Landa  - no repsonse
Vaclav Petras  - no repsonse

Sorry, I didn't know it it was a formal motion. For what is worth, +1

Anna

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 9:46 PM Anna Petrášová <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 5, 2019, 15:37 Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
> Sorry, I didn't know it it was a formal motion. For what is worth, +1

I guess we vote on everything (not sure).

Maybe I should have put "Motion" into the subject...

Markus

Re: stickers for FOSS4G in Bucharest

Veronica Andreo
Hi all,

great!

So, here are the instructions, it's really simple.

2. pick 2" x 2" size and 500 stickers
4. payment details (GRASS account)

Since our logo is not exactly squared, they'll send an email after they process the request, so you confirm you agree with the final size. And that's it :)

@Moritz, please let me know if I can assist further and thanks much!!!

Cheers,
Vero

El vie., 5 jul. 2019 a las 21:48, Markus Neteler (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 9:46 PM Anna Petrášová <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 5, 2019, 15:37 Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
> Sorry, I didn't know it it was a formal motion. For what is worth, +1

I guess we vote on everything (not sure).

Maybe I should have put "Motion" into the subject...

Markus

Re: stickers for FOSS4G in Bucharest

Moritz Lennert
Hi all,

Thanks Vero for the detailed instructions. I'll try to do it tonight.

Where should the stickers be delivered to ?

Moritz

--
Département Géosciences, Environnement et Société Université Libre de
Bruxelles Bureau: S.DB.6.138

tél. + 32 2 650.68.12 / 68.11 (secr.)
fax  + 32 2 650.68.30

Re: stickers for FOSS4G in Bucharest

Veronica Andreo
Hi Moritz,

El mar., 9 jul. 2019 06:51, Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi all,

Thanks Vero for the detailed instructions. I'll try to do it tonight.

Where should the stickers be delivered to ?

Well, to you, if you don't mind to take them to Bucharest. Unless someone else volunteers. I'm afraid the delivery to Argentina will increase price quite a bit ;)

Cheers,
Vero

--
Département Géosciences, Environnement et Société Université Libre de
Bruxelles Bureau: S.DB.6.138
CP 130/03
Av. F.D. Roosevelt 50
1050 Bruxelles
Belgique

tél. + 32 2 650.68.12 / 68.11 (secr.)
fax  + 32 2 650.68.30

Re: stickers for FOSS4G in Bucharest

Moritz Lennert
Le Tue, 9 Jul 2019 10:16:09 -0300,
Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi Moritz,
>
> El mar., 9 jul. 2019 06:51, Moritz Lennert
> <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Thanks Vero for the detailed instructions. I'll try to do it
> > tonight.
> >
> > Where should the stickers be delivered to ?
> >

> Well, to you, if you don't mind to take them to Bucharest. Unless
> someone else volunteers. I'm afraid the delivery to Argentina will
> increase price quite a bit ;)

OK. I just have to make sure that they won't get lost as I will be away
from home for 3 weeks...

Moritz

--
Département Géosciences, Environnement et Société Université Libre de
Bruxelles Bureau: S.DB.6.138
CP 130/03
Av. F.D. Roosevelt 50
1050 Bruxelles
Belgique

tél. + 32 2 650.68.12 / 68.11 (secr.)
fax  + 32 2 650.68.30

Re: stickers for FOSS4G in Bucharest

Markus Neteler
Hi,

Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 9. Juli 2019, 16:35:
Le Tue, 9 Jul 2019 10:16:09 -0300,
Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi Moritz,
>
> El mar., 9 jul. 2019 06:51, Moritz Lennert
> <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Thanks Vero for the detailed instructions. I'll try to do it
> > tonight.
> >
> > Where should the stickers be delivered to ?
> >

> Well, to you, if you don't mind to take them to Bucharest. Unless
> someone else volunteers. I'm afraid the delivery to Argentina will
> increase price quite a bit ;)

OK. I just have to make sure that they won't get lost as I will be away
from home for 3 weeks...

Moritz

Alternative suggestion:
Order them to my office (mundialis) and I'll bring them to Bucharest.

Cheers
Markus