status of FlowMapper Plugin by cempro

b.j.kobben

Hi all,

Many of my students used the FlowMapper plugin to create flowmaps from Origin-Destination data. Unfortunately development has stopped in may 2016 and therefore a GQIS 3.x compatible version never came. From the plugins page at https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/FlowMapper/ and the github repository at https://github.com/cempro/flowmapper I cannot seem to find anything on the developer (other then his 'cempro' moniker).

Does anyone know of the status of this plugin, if an alternative is available, or any other useful info?

yours,

--

Barend Köbben

Senior Lecturer – ITC-University of Twente & ATLAS

PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede (Netherlands)

ITC Building (room 1-065)

@barendkobben

+31-(0)53 4874 253

Re: status of FlowMapper Plugin by cempro

pcav
Hi Barend,
porting it does not seem extremely complicated. Have you tried asking a
Python developer? Many are available in the QGIS community.
Cheers.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: status of FlowMapper Plugin by cempro

b.j.kobben

Yeah, that would certainly be my fallback in case no alternatives are there (or the author reacts). Maybe even use it as an excuse to learn programming QGIS plugins ;-)

Thanks for the advice.

--

Barend Köbben

[...]

if you need help, either way, just ask.