state plane shapefile

John Cole X
Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a shapefile that has all of the state-plain projection zones for the US?

Thx,

John

Re: state plane shapefile

Jeff Hoffmann-2
John Cole wrote:
> Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a shapefile that has all of the
> state-plain projection zones for the US?

I have a list of counties & their zones (well, EPSG codes for those
zones at least) that I've joined against the TIGER counties layers.
It's located at ftp://ftp.propertykey.com/pub/files/gis/county_sp.zip

I don't have a source for the list, so use it at your own risk.  I know
there's one county (Maricopa, AZ) that is shown in a different zone than
I expected (all of the data we get for that county seems to be AZ
Central but it's shown as AZ East; I'm not sure which one is right).

--
Jeff Hoffmann
Head Plate Spinner
PropertyKey.com

Re: state plane shapefile

Gary Garrard
On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 07:35:40 -0700
John Cole <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a shapefile that has all
> of the state-plain projection zones for the US?
>
> Thx,

I found a zip file containing such shape files for NAD 27 & 83 by going
to http://www.geographynetwork.com/data/downloadable.html,
clicking on 'Geography network explorer', entering "state plane" in
the 'optional keyword' box, and performing a search. It is the first
returned result.