standalone installer cleanup

hamish-2
Hi,

re. r57342, the PROJ_LIB variable is needed by e.g. cs2cs used by some scripts, and I'm not sure if the removal of tcl/tk from the PATH was intentional or just an over-merge, but fwiw a functioning gis.m should remain as an alternative in case there are multiple-python install problems (as ongoing) or just because someone likes to use it for whatever reason.

thanks,
Hamish

Re: standalone installer cleanup

Martin Landa
Hi,

2013/8/2 Hamish <[hidden email]>:
> re. r57342, the PROJ_LIB variable is needed by e.g. cs2cs used by some scripts,

are you sure about that?, proj lib in the path (`extralib`) or it
refers to share stuff?

> and I'm not sure if the removal of tcl/tk from the PATH was intentional or just an over-merge, but fwiw a functioning gis.m should remain as an alternative in case there are multiple-python install problems (as ongoing) or just because someone likes to use it for whatever reason.

it's intentional. BTW, tcl/tk is currently only GUI which is working
in standalone installer. wxGUI is broken thanks to MAXREPEAT problem.

Martin

2013/8/2 Martin Landa <[hidden email]>:
> 2013/8/2 Hamish <[hidden email]>:
>> re. r57342, the PROJ_LIB variable is needed by e.g. cs2cs used by some scripts,
>
> are you sure about that?, proj lib in the path (`extralib`) or it
> refers to share stuff?

quickly checking proj manual. IAIW, PROJ_LIB should point to the
`share` directory. If so I will restore this environmental variable.

Martin

Re: standalone installer cleanup

Helmut Kudrnovsky
hi,

Martin Landa wrote
2013/8/2 Martin Landa <[hidden email]>:
> 2013/8/2 Hamish <[hidden email]>:
>> re. r57342, the PROJ_LIB variable is needed by e.g. cs2cs used by some scripts,
>
> are you sure about that?, proj lib in the path (`extralib`) or it
> refers to share stuff?

quickly checking proj manual. IAIW, PROJ_LIB should point to the
`share` directory. If so I will restore this environmental variable.

Martin
thanks for restoring.

have a quick look in

wingrass, gdal, proj4
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1201

and

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/osgeo4w-dev/2010-October/001102.html

best regards
Helmut

Re: standalone installer cleanup

Martin Landa
2013/8/2 Martin Landa <[hidden email]>:
> 2013/8/2 Martin Landa <[hidden email]>:
>> 2013/8/2 Hamish <[hidden email]>:
>>> re. r57342, the PROJ_LIB variable is needed by e.g. cs2cs used by some scripts,
>>
>> are you sure about that?, proj lib in the path (`extralib`) or it
>> refers to share stuff?
>
> quickly checking proj manual. IAIW, PROJ_LIB should point to the
> `share` directory. If so I will restore this environmental variable.

done in all active branches. Martin