srsName conversion in FDO 3.6 GML latest versoin

srsName conversion in FDO 3.6 GML latest versoin

Arunkumar

Hello List,

I am generating latest version GML file using FDO 3.6 and I need to convert the srsName to EPSG:4326.

Is there a way to set srsName in output GML file?

Thanks,

P.Arunkumar

RE: srsName conversion in FDO 3.6 GML latest versoin

Brent Robinson

Hi,

Are you using the xmlSerializer, or calling the xmlFeatureWriter directly?

If the xmlSerializer, which provider do you read the features from?

Brent.

RE: srsName conversion in FDO 3.6 GML latest versoin

Arunkumar
Hi,

I am using the following code to generate latest GML version file.

            String xsdFilePath = outputGMLFilePath+ ".xsd";
            XmlWriter xsdXmlWriter = new XmlWriter(xsdFilePath);
            XmlSpatialContextWriter spatialContextWriter = new XmlSpatialContextWriter(xsdXmlWriter);
            XmlSpatialContextSerializer.XmlSerialize(connection, spatialContextWriter);
            featureClass.FeatureSchema.WriteXml(xsdXmlWriter);
            spatialContextWriter.Dispose();
            xsdXmlWriter.Close();
            xsdXmlWriter.Dispose();

            XmlFeatureFlags xmlFeatureFlags = new XmlFeatureFlags(xsdFilePath);
            xmlFeatureFlags.GmlVersion = GmlVersion.GmlVersion_311;
            XmlWriter gmlXmlWriter = new XmlWriter(outputGMLFilePath);
            XmlFeatureWriter xmlFeatureWriter = new XmlFeatureWriter(gmlXmlWriter, xmlFeatureFlags);
            IFeatureReader featureReader = null;
            XmlFeatureSerializer.XmlSerialize(featureReader, xmlFeatureWriter);

I am generating this GML file for "ArcSDE" and "WFS" providers.
now i need convert the srsName from Defalut or existing coordinate system to EPSG:4326.

Thanks,
P.Arunkumar

RE: srsName conversion in FDO 3.6 GML latest versoin

Brent Robinson
Hi,

I've posted a couple of workarounds to the  "Which GML version is supported by FDO 3.5.0" thread today. Although the source is SHP, it's probably the same issue as for ArcSDE and WFS.

Adding the xmlFeatureFlags settings would be the easier option but, although postprocessing the XML would be more work, it would be safer since the xmlFeatureFlags option relies on another bug.

Brent.

RE: srsName conversion in FDO 3.6 GML latest versoin

Elavazhagan
Hi,

Does "post processing" mean we need to do a "Search & Replace" on srsName
after generating the GML?

Thanks,
Ela.

Hi Ela,

Yes. It would be a search and replace.

Brent.

Does "post processing" mean we need to do a "Search & Replace" on srsName
after generating the GML?

Thanks,
Ela.

Is there a way to reproject to WGS84 while generating GML file?

My source layer in “WGS84/UTM 44N” coordinate system.

Regards,

P.Arunkumar

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/srsName-conversion-in-FDO-3-6-GML-latest-versoin-tp5917749p5941300.html

To unsubscribe from srsName conversion in FDO 3.6 GML latest versoin, click here.

RE: srsName conversion in FDO 3.6 GML latest versoin

Elavazhagan

Hi,

I am exploring all the capabilities of FDO. Currently I am stuck with coordinate transformation. From the thread http://www.osgeo.org/pipermail/fdo-users/2007-February/000056.html dated Feb 12, 2007, I understand that FDO does not itself support coordinate transformation.

Will coordinate transformation be supported in FDO in the near future? Can somebody please let me know?

Thanks,

Ela.

Does "post processing" mean we need to do a "Search & Replace" on srsName
after generating the GML?

Thanks,
Ela.

Romica Dascalescu
Hi Ela,

FDO do not support coordinate transformation and it will not be supported (I think) in the future.
The application should do coordinate transformation if needed using non-FDO module(e.g. PROJ4, CSMAP...) to convert coordinates.

Regards,
Romy.

Does "post processing" mean we need to do a "Search & Replace" on srsName
after generating the GML?

Thanks,
Ela.

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/srsName-conversion-in-FDO-3-6-GML-latest-versoin-tp5917749p5941300.html<http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/srsName-conversion-in-FDO-3-6-GML-latest-versoin-tp5917749p5941300.html?by-user=t>
To unsubscribe from srsName conversion in FDO 3.6 GML latest versoin, click here<