sponsorship by stickermule

Veronica Andreo
Dear PSC,

Following up with promotional material printing (esp. stickers), Vashek found that stickermule [0] has a sponsorship "program" for Open Source projects [1]. Since along with Vincent and Brendan [in cc], we were discussing about stickers, different options available and possibilities, I wrote to stickermule people on behalf of GRASS GIS asking what did this sponsorship consisted of and if they were interested to sponsor us. They offered to give us 1000 stickersheets (4" x 6") [2] in exchange of adding their name in grass sponsors page [3] (btw, maybe that page needs update).

Anyway, I told them we would bring the issue to PSC and then contact them back. If we go for yes, we still need to decide what we will put in those stickersheets [2]. Brendan had some "powered by GRASS GIS" designs, as well as Vincent, but both agreed to work on new ideas (guys, please correct me if I'm wrong, and add any info I migth be missing :))

What do you think?

Cheers,
Vero

Re: sponsorship by stickermule

Moritz Lennert
On 24/08/17 17:32, Veronica Andreo wrote:

> Dear PSC,
>
> Following up with promotional material printing (esp. stickers), Vashek
> found that stickermule [0] has a sponsorship "program" for Open Source
> projects [1]. Since along with Vincent and Brendan [in cc], we were
> discussing about stickers, different options available and
> possibilities, I wrote to stickermule people on behalf of GRASS GIS
> asking what did this sponsorship consisted of and if they were
> interested to sponsor us. They offered to give us 1000 stickersheets (4"
> x 6") [2] in exchange of adding their name in grass sponsors page [3]
> (btw, maybe that page needs update).
>
> Anyway, I told them we would bring the issue to PSC and then contact
> them back. If we go for yes, we still need to decide what we will put in
> those stickersheets [2]. Brendan had some "powered by GRASS GIS"
> designs, as well as Vincent, but both agreed to work on new ideas (guys,
> please correct me if I'm wrong, and add any info I migth be missing :))
>
> What do you think?

Generally +1 from my side.

But I agree that we have to rework our sponsorship page (possibly in
link with the current osgeo web site update ?).

Moritz

Re: sponsorship by stickermule

Markus Neteler
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 11:27 AM, Moritz Lennert
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 24/08/17 17:32, Veronica Andreo wrote:
>>
>> Dear PSC,
>>
>> Following up with promotional material printing (esp. stickers), Vashek
>> found that stickermule [0] has a sponsorship "program" for Open Source
>> projects [1]. Since along with Vincent and Brendan [in cc], we were
>> discussing about stickers, different options available and possibilities, I
>> wrote to stickermule people on behalf of GRASS GIS asking what did this
>> sponsorship consisted of and if they were interested to sponsor us. They
>> offered to give us 1000 stickersheets (4" x 6") [2] in exchange of adding
>> their name in grass sponsors page [3] (btw, maybe that page needs update).
>>
>> Anyway, I told them we would bring the issue to PSC and then contact them
>> back. If we go for yes, we still need to decide what we will put in those
>> stickersheets [2]. Brendan had some "powered by GRASS GIS" designs, as well
>> as Vincent, but both agreed to work on new ideas (guys, please correct me if
>> I'm wrong, and add any info I migth be missing :))
>>
>> What do you think?
>

> Generally +1 from my side.

Also from my side.

> But I agree that we have to rework our sponsorship page (possibly in link
> with the current osgeo web site update ?).

I think we need to simply redo our CMS. But that's for another thread.

Markus