setting up mapserver layers / metatiles

Mark  Volz
Hello,

I started working with tilecache, and I was able to set tilecache up with a WMS source.  To improve the quality of my labels, I would like to take advantage of a mapserver layer and metatilling.   Unfortunately tilecache did not seem to work with the mapserver layers.

How can I:

  1. Set up a mapserver layer?
  2. Use metatiling on either a wms source, or mapserver source

Thank You

Mark Volz

RE: setting up mapserver layers / metatiles

manel.clos
Mark,

Metatiling on a wms source, from the tilecache.cfg file:

# metaTile=true *** metatiling off by default, requires python-imaging ***

# metaSize=5,5 *** size of metatile in tiles, defaults to 5 x 5 ***

# metaBuffer=10 *** size of metatile buffer in px ***

Manel.