set language for one Application ?

Karsten-3-2
Hi All,

I just successfully installed MapBender v. 3.0.6.3 on a Ubuntu 14.0 machine and copied an existing Application to start a new customized one.

I am wondering how I can change the GUI for that application to be switched to German (e.g. texts for buttons etc.) ?
Is that possibly set in a application based additional .yml file under the /var/www/mapbender3/app/config/applications directory ?

I have changed the universal Admin setting in /var/www/mapbender3/app/config/parameters.yml to German:
    fallback_locale:   en
    locale:            de
and the admin interface is now in German. At the moment all applications button texts etc are still in English despite the universal setting above. I also did clear the cache after changing the setting in in /var/www/mapbender3/app/cache/prod
So far I was not able to find in the documentation anywhere how to set what is used for each individual application. It would be great to be able to have application in different languages side by side. Any ideas how this can be accomplished ?

Cheers
Karsten

Karsten Vennemann
Principal

Deutschland - Germany
Terra GIS
Zehntbergstraße 42
69198 Schriesheim – Altenbach
++49 (0) 6220 - 9143 605
++49 (0) 6220 - 9228 266

USA
Terra GIS LTD
7001 Seaview Ave. NW, Suite 160-561
Seattle, WA 98117
www.terragis.net

Re: set language for one Application ?

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Karsten,

you provide the translation variable as element title f.e.

* mb.core.poi.class.title for MeetingPoint (POI)
* mb.core.legend.class.title  for Legende
* ....

You finde the translations here
mapbender/src/Mapbender/CoreBundle/Resources/translations/

and parallel in every other bundle with elements (WmsBundle, WmcBundle)

Like this Mapbender will find a transalation and will provide the Text
in the language defined in parameters.yml.

Best regards Astrid

Am 2018-02-23 10:27, schrieb karsten:

> Hi All,
>
> I just successfully installed MapBender v. 3.0.6.3 on a Ubuntu 14.0
> machine and copied an existing Application to start a new customized
> one.
>
> I am wondering how I can change the GUI for that application to be
> switched to German (e.g. texts for buttons etc.) ?
> Is that possibly set in a application based additional .yml file under
> the /var/www/mapbender3/app/config/applications directory ?
>
> I have changed the universal Admin setting in
> /var/www/mapbender3/app/config/parameters.yml to German:
>     fallback_locale:   en
>     locale:            de
>
> and the admin interface is now in German. At the moment all
> applications button texts etc are still in English despite the
> universal setting above. I also did clear the cache after changing the
> setting in in /var/www/mapbender3/app/cache/prod
> So far I was not able to find in the documentation anywhere how to set
> what is used for each individual application. It would be great to be
> able to have application in different languages side by side. Any
> ideas how this can be accomplished ?
>
> Cheers
> Karsten
>
> Karsten Vennemann
> Principal
>
> Deutschland - Germany
> Terra GIS
> Zehntbergstraße 42
> 69198 Schriesheim – Altenbach
> ++49 (0) 6220 - 9143 605
> ++49 (0) 6220 - 9228 266
>
> USA
> Terra GIS LTD
> 7001 Seaview Ave. NW, Suite 160-561
> Seattle, WA 98117
> www.terragis.net [1]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.terragis.net/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
Senior GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Kompaktkurs Winterschule 2018
Grundwissen zum Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit
Open-Source-Software
https://www.foss-academy.com/schulungstermine/kompaktkurs-winterschule

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: set language for one Application ?

Karsten-3-2
Great that worked.
There is a little bit work involved to do this for each element but looking
at the translation file tags I found all that are needed to make it work.
I did not find any mention about this in the documentation so I would be
happy to add that somewhere. I also found the option to directly edit the
element titles in the database table mb_core_element 'title' column (for the
correct application_id of the respective application.

> [...]

> Karsten
>
> Karsten Vennemann
> Principal
>
> Deutschland - Germany
> Terra GIS
> Zehntbergstraße 42
> 69198 Schriesheim – Altenbach
> ++49 (0) 6220 - 9143 605
> ++49 (0) 6220 - 9228 266
>
> USA
> Terra GIS LTD
> 7001 Seaview Ave. NW, Suite 160-561
> Seattle, WA 98117
> www.terragis.net [1]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.terragis.net/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
Senior GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Kompaktkurs Winterschule 2018 Grundwissen zum Aufbau von
Geodateninfrastrukturen mit Open-Source-Software

thanks for your feedback and great that it works.

You are right. We should add the information to the documentation.

I opened a ticket for this issue
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues/771

Astrid