set default browse mode

frippe12573
Hi all,

in GN3.2 I would like to modify a bit the home page.
I have already added categories to the radio button
related to 'Browse by'. I would like to change the default
position of the radio button.
I say in module.js some lines related to this aspect,
but I don't understand how to change the code to
have the wanted effect.

Could you give me an hint?

Best

Eugenio

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Re: set default browse mode

Jose Garcia
Hi

The html code to display the radio buttons for browse by topic categories
and inspire themes is the following:

https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/3.2.x/web-ui/src/main/resources/catalog/views/default/templates/home.html#L37

Not sure what change you require. If it's just the order of the radio
buttons, you can check to update that snippet (see input type="radio" elements
to reorder them)  or if you need to move the full section to other page
location, I guess can be copied all related code that handles that section
to a new location, but requires to be tested.

Regards,
Jose García

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:35 AM, frippe12573 <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in GN3.2 I would like to modify a bit the home page.
> I have already added categories to the radio button
> related to 'Browse by'. I would like to change the default
> position of the radio button.
> I say in module.js some lines related to this aspect,
> but I don't understand how to change the code to
> have the wanted effect.
>
> Could you give me an hint?
>
> Best
>
> Eugenio
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-
> f3860293.html

> projects/geonetwork

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: set default browse mode

frippe12573
Dear Josè and all,

I have already tried to change the order of the radio buttons,

but it doesn't change the default radio button.

I tested also to change the content of the ['facet name'] putting the categories in the first radio button,

but nothing changed.

I didn't want to move the section in another place, just put categories (I mean the GN categories, not the topic categories) as default.

Any other input is very appreciated.

Eugenio

________________________________

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:35 AM, frippe12573 <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Hi all,

in GN3.2 I would like to modify a bit the home page.
I have already added categories to the radio button
related to 'Browse by'. I would like to change the default
position of the radio button.
I say in module.js some lines related to this aspect,
but I don't understand how to change the code to
have the wanted effect.

Could you give me an hint?

Best

Eugenio

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

[https://www.geocat.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/GeoCat_small1.png]<http://www.geocat.net/>
Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)318 416664<tel:+31318416664>

[https://www.geocat.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/facebook_24.png]<https://www.facebook.com/geocatbv> [https://www.geocat.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Twitter_icon.png] <https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>  [https://www.geocat.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Google-plus-icon.png] <https://plus.google.com/u/1/+GeocatNetbv/posts>

Re: set default browse mode

Jose Garcia
Hi Eugenio

Sorry, I misunderstood your requirement. The related code is this:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/3.2.x/web-ui/src/main/
resources/catalog/views/default/module.js#L209-L219

I think this change should work

      // Set the default browse mode for the home page
      $scope.$watch('searchInfo', function (n, o) {
        if (angular.isDefined($scope.searchInfo.facet)) {
          if ($scope.searchInfo.facet['categories'].length > 0) {
            $scope.browse = 'cat';
          } else if ($scope.searchInfo.facet['inspireThemes'].length > 0) {
            $scope.browse = 'inspire';
          } else if ($scope.searchInfo.facet['topicCats'].length > 0) {
            $scope.browse = 'topics';
          } else {
             // If no match set default to categories
             $scope.browse = 'cat';
          }
        }
      });

Assuming in home.html you have something like this for the categories.

 <label data-ng-show="searchInfo.facet['categories'].length > 0">
          <input type="radio" name="browse" value="cat"
data-ng-model="browse"/>
        </label>

Make sure to clean your browser cache and also the wro4j cache.

Regards,
Jose García

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Eugenio Trumpy <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear Josè and all,
>

> I have already tried to change the order of the radio buttons,
>
> but it doesn't change the default radio button.
>
> I tested also to change the content of the ['facet name'] putting the
> categories in the first radio button,
>
> but nothing changed.
>
> I didn't want to move the section in another place, just put categories (I
> mean the GN categories, not the topic categories) as default.
>
> Any other input is very appreciated.
>

> Eugenio
>

> ------------------------------

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: set default browse mode

frippe12573
Thank you Jose it works!

Actually in my module.js I was missing this part:

 } else {
             // If no match set default to categories
             $scope.browse = 'categories';
          }

Thanks again

Veenderweg 13<https://maps.google.com/?q=Veenderweg+13+%0D%0A+6721+WD+Bennekom+%0D%0A+The+Netherlands&entry=gmail&source=g>