selectFeature's selectStyle cannot accept propertyStyle?

selectFeature's selectStyle cannot accept propertyStyle?

BERÉNYI Attila-2
Hi!

I wanted to use the selectFeature control's selectStyle property to display a property-based label for the selected features, however, it seems that the selectStyle property doesn't support property-based styling.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

BR,
Attila

Re: selectFeature's selectStyle cannot accept propertyStyle?

Alexandre Dubé
Hi,

  Instead of defining a selectStyle in the control, you could try setting a styleMap to your layer object.  This example should point you to the right direction since it uses a '${type}' symbolizer value and a select control :

  http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/graphic-name.html

HTH,

Alexandre

P.S. Btw, this question would have been more suitable for the users mailing list.

On 12-07-30 05:52 AM, BERÉNYI Attila wrote:
Hi!

I wanted to use the selectFeature control's selectStyle property to display a property-based label for the selected features, however, it seems that the selectStyle property doesn't support property-based styling.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

BR,
Attila

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears
www.mapgears.com

Re: selectFeature's selectStyle cannot accept propertyStyle?

BERÉNYI Attila-2
Hi,

thank you for your response, it seems like I have not been clear enough.
If every single vector feature has its own style, the layer's styleMap object cannot be used (it looks like it is ignored, check here: http://gislab.hu/ol/selectFeature-selectStyle-propertyStyle-1.html) that's why I try to use selectStyle.
I've update the original example as well: http://gislab.hu/ol/selectFeature-selectStyle-propertyStyle.html.

BR,
Attila

2012/7/30 Alexandre Dubé <[hidden email]>
[...]

BERÉNYI Attila, PhD
ügyvezető igazgató

GISLab Hungary Kft.
1031 Budapest, Kadosa utca 59.
+36 20 457 1800

Re: selectFeature's selectStyle cannot accept propertyStyle?

Alexandre Dubé
Hi,

  If you can narrow down which style properties are unique for each feature, instead of defining a unique style and use it as feature.style, you could define custom properties in the feature attributes to hold the unique values and use them in your context, as you do with ${type}.

  Here's a copy of the drawFeature method in Layer/Vector.js :
        if (typeof style != "object") {
            if(!style && feature.state === OpenLayers.State.DELETE) {
                style = "delete";
            }
            var renderIntent = style || feature.renderIntent;
            style = feature.style || this.style;
            if (!style) {
                style = this.styleMap.createSymbolizer(feature, renderIntent);
            }
        }

  So, the feature style is obtained in that order of priority :
   * feature.style
   * layer.style
   * feature.renderIntent

  In order to let the styleMap manage the feature style, you should avoid setting the feature.style directly.

  Using this method, your layer styleMap should contain both default and select keys in order to work properly, with select containing the additionnal label: "${type}" property set.

  You could try that and see how it goes.

HTH,

Alexandre

--