secure WMS and WFS

Eric Lemoine-2
Hi there!

Does anyone have experience with securing access to WMS and WFS
layers? Say, in the same way it's done in google maps, with a key
associated with some directory of one's website.

Eric

Re: secure WMS and WFS

Cameron Shorter
I don't have a specific answer, but I know the geotools developers are
asking the same sorts of questions as they move toward a Geographic Wiki
concept.
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/Versioning+WFS+-+Protocol+considerations
and
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/GeoCollab+Security+Discuss