rotating a label 90 degrees.

blammo
All,

Is there and way to label a line with the ANGLE value set to AUTO, but to rotate the label by 90 degrees?  I want to label a line by crossing perpendicular to the line vs aligned parallel.

Thanks

bobb

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”
-  Abraham Lincoln

Re: rotating a label 90 degrees.

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)

I can’t think of anything offhand. If using PostGIS could you compute the angle and add 90? I think you could then use attribute binding on the result. Could pre-process data too. Otherwide we’d need an “angleoffset” parameters or something like that.

Re: rotating a label 90 degrees.

blammo
Steve,

I’m pretty sure I can get to what I need via SQL, but it would be rather convoluted.  It’s doable though.

I was hoping for doing something like “auto+/-90” as an option for a value.

bobb

I can’t think of anything offhand. If using PostGIS could you compute the angle and add 90? I think you could then use attribute binding on the result. Could pre-process data too. Otherwide we’d need an “angleoffset” parameters or something like that.

Is there and way to label a line with the ANGLE value set to AUTO, but to rotate the label by 90 degrees?  I want to label a line by crossing perpendicular to the line vs aligned parallel.

Thanks

bobb

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”

-  Abraham Lincoln

"I've had a wonderful time, but this wasn't it."
- Groucho Marx

Re: rotating a label 90 degrees.

Brent Fraser
Bob,

  Maybe using Javascript style GEOMTRANSFORM  in the mapfle?
http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/geomtransform.html#javascript-transformation

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

Attachment 1 (9K) Download Attachment

Is there and way to label a line with the ANGLE value set to AUTO, but to rotate the label by 90 degrees?  I want to label a line by crossing perpendicular to the line vs aligned parallel.

Thanks

bobb

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”

-  Abraham Lincoln

"I've had a wonderful time, but this wasn't it."
- Groucho Marx

<Attachment 1>

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
—Aristotle

Re: rotating a label 90 degrees.

rgreenwood
I've only been using MapServer for like 15 or 18 years now and I continue to be blow away by these hidden features! (I guess if I learned to read the docs they might not be so hidden)

Anybody going to Boston?

Rich

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Brent Fraser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bob,

  Maybe using Javascript style GEOMTRANSFORM  in the mapfle?

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

Is there and way to label a line with the ANGLE value set to AUTO, but to rotate the label by 90 degrees?  I want to label a line by crossing perpendicular to the line vs aligned parallel.

Thanks

bobb

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”

-  Abraham Lincoln

"I've had a wonderful time, but this wasn't it."
- Groucho Marx

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com