[rfp 2019] is it possible to extent the proposal period by one week ?

[rfp 2019] is it possible to extent the proposal period by one week ?

Till Adams-3
Dear Conference Committee, dear Maria as representant of the Sevilla
team (SLOC)!

I think you all have seen, that Vasile, the CRO of the recently finished
board votings had a lot TODO's around the voting procedure. Many of
these time consuming issues couldn't be foreseen due to all the
happenings around the voting period.

The point is, that Vasile is also foreseen as chair of the Bucharest
team for Rfp 2019 (BLOC). Having noticed all this, I asked Vasile, if he
would agree me proposing to extent the proposal period for Rfp 2019 by
one week. This to give especially him some more time to prepare the
proposal without running into a hastle. Of course provided that SLOC agrees!

I think it's only fair and we should give BLOC the chance to make a good
proposal for a fair competition between SLOC and BLOC. In general that
would mean, that all the dates mentioned on [1] would slip back a week,
but we still would be able to present the location for 2019 by Christmas
(if the board would find a date for their final decision). We also could
shorten the question period by a few days, so the board has more options.

So first I'd like to ask you Maria, as representant of SLOC, what your
thoughts on this are? Can we agree on this proposal?

If SLOC agrees, I'd like to ask the voting members of CC for their
statement (Just a question, but do we have to call for a vote, if SLOC
agrees?)

I wish you all a nice weekend!

Till

Re: [rfp 2019] is it possible to extent the proposal period by one week ?

delawen

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dear Till,

What you say makes sense. It is on our best interest to have good proposals and if BLOC finds they need more time, I can't refuse. Whatever is needed to have the best FOSS4G.

Although, I have to say, I am a bit surprised. I heard romanian community was stronger, not depending so much on Vasile (even if he is chair). At least for the Spanish community, we try to be horizontal and not depend on individuals.

If SLOC agrees, I'd like to ask the voting members of CC for their
statement (Just a question, but do we have to call for a vote, if SLOC
agrees?)

I wish you all a nice weekend!

Till

Re: [rfp 2019] is it possible to extent the proposal period by one week ?

Till Adams-3

Maria,

I am happy, that you agree (and to be honest, I expected that more or less ;-)).

I do not want to support any kinds of "election campaigns" here, so I feel that I have to clarify up some things about your notice in the 2nd part of your email:

The idea and the initiative for this extension are 100% based on my personal thoughts, nothing else. No one of BLOC asked me to do that, so there is no need to be surprised ;-).
I just remembered the time when we @Bonn prepared our proposal. Although such a proposal is the sum of work of many people, in the end it was me to write major parts and that *might* be the same for SLOC and BLOC. I say *might* because I do not want to start any discussion on this here & now. I also think, that the internal organisation is a matter of the [_]LOCs.

!! If this extension of the proposal period leaves any bland flavour, we shouldn't do it !!

In general I am quite sure, that the Romanian and also the Spanish communties are big and well organized. My intention (and my job) is to guarantee a fair competition among the teams.

Till

Am 27.10.2017 um 12:28 schrieb María Arias de Reyna:

[...]

stevenfeldman
+1 from me

Thanks to Maria for her agreement

Good luck to BLOC and SLOC (in alphabetical order)
______
Steven

On 27 Oct 2017, at 11:28, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Maria Antonia Brovelli

+1

Maria Brovelli

Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:

http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4 "Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.htmlBoard of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

UN-GGIM Academic Network Deputy Chair, UN-GGIM Italy, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

Sol Katz Award 2015

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)

Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  [hidden email][hidden email]

Re: [rfp 2019] is it possible to extent the proposal period by one week ?

delawen
Sorry if it sounded harsh, my surprise was genuine. I guess we have different ways of working.

But we are fine with this decision, as said, we want to have a good alternative so you can choose properly.

El 27 oct. 2017 8:26, "Till Adams" <[hidden email]> escribió:

[...]

Re: [FOSS4G2019 SLOC] Re: [rfp 2019] is it possible to extent the proposal period by one week ?

Mayte Toscano
:-) Ya habias respondido, genial la respuesta jejej

--
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "FOSS4G2019 SLOC Private Discussions" de Grupos de Google.
Para cancelar la suscripción a este grupo y dejar de recibir sus mensajes, envía un correo electrónico a [hidden email].

Re: [rfp 2019] is it possible to extent the proposal period by one week ?

Eli Adam
On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 3:05 AM, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Conference Committee, dear Maria as representant of the Sevilla
> team (SLOC)!
>
> I think you all have seen, that Vasile, the CRO of the recently finished
> board votings had a lot TODO's around the voting procedure. Many of
> these time consuming issues couldn't be foreseen due to all the
> happenings around the voting period.
>
> The point is, that Vasile is also foreseen as chair of the Bucharest
> team for Rfp 2019 (BLOC). Having noticed all this, I asked Vasile, if he
> would agree me proposing to extent the proposal period for Rfp 2019 by
> one week. This to give especially him some more time to prepare the
> proposal without running into a hastle. Of course provided that SLOC agrees!
>
> I think it's only fair and we should give BLOC the chance to make a good
> proposal for a fair competition between SLOC and BLOC. In general that
> would mean, that all the dates mentioned on [1] would slip back a week,
> but we still would be able to present the location for 2019 by Christmas
> (if the board would find a date for their final decision). We also could
> shorten the question period by a few days, so the board has more options.
>
> So first I'd like to ask you Maria, as representant of SLOC, what your
> thoughts on this are? Can we agree on this proposal?
>
> If SLOC agrees, I'd like to ask the voting members of CC for their
> statement (Just a question, but do we have to call for a vote, if SLOC
> agrees?)

I don't think that a vote is needed.  I think that this is within your
purview and particularly non-controversial with SLOC's agreement.

Best regards, Eli

> I wish you all a nice weekend!
>
> Till

[rfp 2019] extension of the proposal period by one week

Till Adams-3

Dear Conference Comittee, SLOC and BLOC!

As the Spanish team and some of our committee members have agreed (and there have been no dissenting votes) I would like to announce that the time period for submitting the proposals for RfP2019 has been extended by one week. The new deadline for the proposals is now 4th of December.

I have changed the corresponding pages in the WIKI [1] and shortened the question phase by three days (until 15th of December). This allows the Board to approve the election of the Conference Committee before Christmas.

***Note for the voting members***
!! Please note, that the final vote on the proposals takes place between 15th and 17th of December !!
Be preapred and please vote, no matter where you are !!!

Regards, Till

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2019_Bid_Process

Am 27.10.2017 um 13:26 schrieb Till Adams:

[...]

Re: [Board] Fwd: [rfp 2019] extension of the proposal period by one week

Till Adams-3

Hi,

I thought, that the final approvement is done by the board, although it is suggested to follow the proposal of the conf comm.

That was because I asked the board,

Till

Am 30.10.2017 um 04:09 schrieb Jody Garnett:
If I understand your email - you are letting the board know about the change of schedule and reminding us that the board is asked to make a motion to recognize the resulting selection).

(So similar to how the board recognized projects when they graduate incubation).

I do not see any conflict for Maria and Vasile voting; the board does not have any say in the selection process.

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 7:52 AM Maria Antonia Brovelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

I already voted as member of CC. I don't see reasons for voting as Board, as the two teams agreed on that decision.

Best

Maria

From: Board <[hidden email]> on behalf of Till Adams <[hidden email]>
Date: Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 8:00 AM
To: OSGeo Board <[hidden email]>
Cc: conference <[hidden email]>

Dear OSGeo-Board,

as both teams agreed, the conference committee extended the period for preparation of the proposals for FOSS4G2019. The new deadline for proposals now is the 4th of December, the q&a period lasts until 15th of December. After this the conference committee will vote on the proposals. See the corresponding emails below.

We will send the official result to the Board on December 18. The procedure foresees that the Board will then vote on the Conference Committee's proposal. I would please you to consider to vote promptly after our vote, so that we are able to inform the teams before Christmas.

Since Vasile and Maria represent both chairs of the respective LOCs on the board, I would suggest that both abstain from this vote, but of course this is matter of the Board, not mine.

On behalf of the conference committee,

Till

[OSGeo-Conf] [rfp 2019] extension of the proposal period by one week

Sun, 29 Oct 2017 12:49:54 +0100

Till Adams [hidden email]

[hidden email], [hidden email], Vasile Craciunescu [hidden email]

Jody Garnett