resignation from OSGeo Oceania

John Bryant
Hi folks, just a quick note to let you know that I decided yesterday to resign from the OSGeo Oceania board of directors. I won't be continuing with board business, but I'll continue to contribute as a community member however I can.

Looking forward to continuing to work on this awesome community with you all.

Cheers
John

Re: [talk-au] resignation from OSGeo Oceania

Edoardo Neerhut-2
Very sad to hear the news John, but you've been an incredibly positive force in the community.

Thanks for making OSGeo Oceania possible. Thank you also for your positivity, willingness to hear all points of view, and tireless persistence.

On Sat, 30 May 2020, 08:40 John Bryant, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks, just a quick note to let you know that I decided yesterday to resign from the OSGeo Oceania board of directors. I won't be continuing with board business, but I'll continue to contribute as a community member however I can.

Looking forward to continuing to work on this awesome community with you all.

Cheers
John

Re: resignation from OSGeo Oceania

adam steer-2
Hi John

Thanks for all your hard work and steady navigation of many complex issues. I’m sorry to see you step down, I really appreciate your ‘radical open-ness’ approach - which I think is critical for this organisation - and ethical stance. I (selfishly) hope you find the energy to help with the outreach and comms working group when you can!

Regards,

Adam

On Sat, 30 May 2020 at 08:39, John Bryant <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks, just a quick note to let you know that I decided yesterday to resign from the OSGeo Oceania board of directors. I won't be continuing with board business, but I'll continue to contribute as a community member however I can.

Looking forward to continuing to work on this awesome community with you all.

Cheers
John

Re: resignation from OSGeo Oceania

Emma Hain
Hi John
Sorry to hear this as you were a guiding light. Stay safe and thank you for all the work.

Regards

Emma Hain

On 30 May 2020, at 10:55, adam steer <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Martin Tomko

Oh dear, coming to my stash of emails only now, and finding this. Thank you so much John, you have been the blazing light that set us on the path of OSGEO Oceania. Your shoes will be hard to fill.

I hope we can call on you as a mentor and adviser.

Very sorry to see you leave the organisation,

Martin